Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

5 in 1 8week old baby behaviour very unsettled....

(15 Posts)
samie10 Tue 27-Nov-12 17:16:37

Sent you a pm, check you mumsnet inbox

samie10 Tue 27-Nov-12 17:10:47

She's back to normal but I haven't taken her for any other vaccinations. Ill pm you.

Clumsasaurus Sun 25-Nov-12 21:05:00

We are considering dr halverson too... To be honest I'm burying my head in the sand hoping the magic pixies will make it all ok!

Was it easy to get an appointment? We live in London so travel isnt an issue for us.

I need to make some decisions soon. We loosely said we'd put 8 weeks between the jabs (it's what the US, Canada and other countries do) but I just don't want to go back to where we were now he's back to normal.

How is your DC now?

samie10 Fri 23-Nov-12 19:22:29

I'm so glad your gorgeous boy was back to himselfxx

samie10 Fri 23-Nov-12 18:27:57

I'm so glad to hear from you. What did you do? I haven't let her have the second lot, I'm too scared. I had a tentative appointment with dr Richard halverson but we were travelling so couldn't make it, thinking of rescheduling to next week. So confusedxx

Clumsasaurus Mon 12-Nov-12 17:08:48

Hi samie, sorry for the slow response! DS had a course of homeopathy and I really think it helped him, he is my adorable playful little man again. I also saw the GP to discuss my concerns over what I think was a pretty rough reaction to the 1st vaccines. He said it sounded like DS had had a 'Strong immune response' to the vacs but wouldn't even discuss delaying the next jabs or anything else and I feel no further forward.

He is due his second vacs tomorrow and I have no clue what to do. I want to grab DS and run for the hills and not give the vac and another part of me says I should man up and just get on with it.

Where are you at? Has your DC had the second set - any reaction?

samie10 Fri 26-Oct-12 13:12:32

There is nothing wrong with alternative therapies!!! If there is a natural approach then I'm all for it!
Let me know how you get on with dr, I really am scared about the next steps...nobody prepares you for the soul searching do they?!

Clumsasaurus Fri 26-Oct-12 09:02:51

I know what you mean about the stories Samie, I am trying to take them with a pinch of salt as they could be the one in a million stories ad not the norm.

We saw a cranial osteopath on Wednesday and she felt a lot of stressing his body and since then he has been really restless at night thrashing around, almost like he is working it all out of his body so I'm hoping another day or two and he'll settle again. ( I'm into alternative therapies... But I swear I am not a white witch nut wink

I intend to ask thee Dr next week about the dose at the boosters, if they are essential, brand of vaccine used etc so I can inform myself,I don't see him until Thursday but will update you when I do.

samie10 Fri 26-Oct-12 05:00:18

Just had a look at the site! More confused than ever now, some of those stories....yikes!

samie10 Fri 26-Oct-12 04:12:47

I will have a look at the site. Let me know how you get on with the homeopath and the dr. I'm sure he will be back to normal soon. Last night was the first night in a week that dd went to sleep as she had been doi g previous to the injections, we didnt have total melt down.JWhen they have the boosters, is it the same dose again? Now they have the antibodies is the reaction likely to be the same? Maybe the rubbish that these vaccinations are full of has to work through the system? It's very worrying but you only did what you thought was right when you considered the risks. Keep in touch x

Clumsasaurus Thu 25-Oct-12 22:02:59

Thanks so much Samie. We are off to see a homeopath tomorrow and seeing the GP next week to talk through where we go from here as I am really hesitant to do the 12 week boosters, I'm not prepared to risk this again until I have it checked and documented. I hate how my sweet happy little boy is now so sad and upset :-(

Glad to hear your DD is getting back to normal

I found a website called jabs which has a lot of info on the vaccines - take a look in think its jabs.org.uk xx

samie10 Thu 25-Oct-12 20:43:22

Btw...I was also told that the development changes that go on around 8weeks could really contribute to behavioural changes. This does make sense.....x

samie10 Thu 25-Oct-12 20:42:18

That's exactly what DD was like, additionally, a milk rash developed into eczema, we couldn't pick her up or touch her without her crying. A week on and two trips to the dermatologist and having to use a steroid cream, which I didn't want to do, she is back to normal. The vaccinations really hit her hard. It was horrible. I, like you don't know what to do about the boosters. She is better now but lessons learnt include she is a terribly sensitive baby. I feel that the GP should have suggested that the vaccinations were not a good idea when I showed her the rash, the dermatologist alluded to this too. Hope your baby gets back to normal, let me know how you get on xxx

Clumsasaurus Thu 25-Oct-12 14:13:57

I could have written the same post samie DS had his 9 days ago and is not himself at all. Fussy, no longer plays contentedly, feeds are closer together, he screams where before he rarely cried, won't be put down without screaming and is generally really unhappy sad

Anyone have any advice... I'm a heartbeat away from not continuing with the vaccinations even though I know the risks etc....

samie10 Sat 20-Oct-12 17:12:18

I'm in the UAE, my 8 week baby had the 5in 1 vaccination on Thursday, since having it she has been really unsettled, crying..no wailing...however she does not have a temperature and she is feeding fine. She is just not herself at all. Has anyone else had similar with their babies? How long till they went back to normal? I'm so scared...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now