Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any Drs/ nurses about? DS may have been given wrong dose of MMR.

(6 Posts)
Ontonewthings Tue 16-Oct-12 10:37:08

DH took DS to have the normal 1 year vaccinations yesterday, he's 16 months but we put them off for a while for various reasons.
When it got to the MMR the nurse said it would be his booster and when DH said he hadn't had the 1st dose she was adamant that he had & managed to convince DH of that.. He definitely hasn't. The nurse wrote in his red book next to the 1st dose section though.
What I'm wondering is whether there is actually any difference in 1st dose & booster mmr and what I should do now! Thanks for reading.

LilQueenie Tue 16-Oct-12 10:39:19

not sure tbh but do make sure you complain.

Ontonewthings Tue 16-Oct-12 10:49:04

Thanks Lilqunneie, will definitely be complaining, I'm just trying to work out exactly what he's been given at the mo but the surgery seem as confused about it as I am!

CatherinaJTV Tue 16-Oct-12 17:04:50

the actual vaccine given as first shot or booster is the same, so there is no dosage problem.

Ontonewthings Tue 16-Oct-12 20:35:22

Thank you for answering Catherina. The drs surgery eventually came back to me and said the same thing!

Ontonewthings Tue 16-Oct-12 20:35:56

Thank you for answering Catherina. The drs surgery eventually came back to me and said the same thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now