Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Baby diarreah/upset tummy - should i postpone first vaccination?

(4 Posts)
thesmallestpotato Sun 14-Oct-12 04:14:40

8 week old is due her first immunisations next week but for the last couple of days shes had greenish mucousy nappies which i understand might be a bit of an upset tummy (she is exclusively breast fed).

Should i rearrange the jabs for the following week? Im going to call the GP on monday but i know they are likely to say she should stillgo ahead and have them, however the reason im a little concerned is that i've heard that vaccinating straight after a tummy bug might not be a goodidea, though i cant remember where i heard this, id like to feel a bit more informed before ispeak the GP

Does anyone here know anything about this kind of thing?

thesmallestpotato Sun 14-Oct-12 04:16:47

Apologies for terrible punctuation, typing one-handed on ipad and pressed create rather than preview post by mistake...

Brycie Thu 18-Oct-12 02:14:24

Yesk, probably, You cna wait ten days or so

flemer Mon 03-Dec-12 12:43:05

Any kind of vaccination is prohibited specially in diarrhea.As may create complication.Generally any kind of vaccination may cause a rise in body temperature of the recipient.So you should wait for few days till the recovery from diarrhea and then go for the vaccination.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now