Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

mmr vaccine or single vaccines - so confused and worried as no mumps !

(4 Posts)
Lonecatwithkitten Sun 14-Oct-12 13:42:38

Yes do know boy who didn't have any mumps vaccine developed mumps aged 18 ended up in A&E seriously ill as unable to pee due to seriously swollen testicles. Whether he is still fertile or not is yet to be determined.
Only one child, but it does happen.

ElaineBenes Mon 08-Oct-12 17:39:57

Not massive risk, no. But greater risk than mmr and unecessary based on the scientific evidence? Yes.

kellybaby Mon 08-Oct-12 13:07:45

also just to add i have read all the threads on here and done lots of research but has any bodys children had mumps ? and maybe done things different ?

kellybaby Mon 08-Oct-12 12:03:07

Hi all, im new to this so please bare with me ! i am getting so stressed out trying to make this decision. I had decided to go with the single vaccines and have just found out there is no mumps. I am really not comfortable with the mmr but do you think its a massive risk not having the mumps i know many mummys are in the same situation so some feed back would be great. My little boy is 11 months so nearly time to decide.
thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now