Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DTaP question

(4 Posts)
Clumsasaurus Wed 14-Nov-12 02:53:29

The uk used to do 3, 5 and 9 months and the Center for disease prevention and control in the US (cdc) recommends 2 months between each jab. Just FYI x

surfmama Thu 04-Oct-12 22:26:39

i see thanks caterina i think i may speak to doc and follow their schedule and delay 3rd as we work from home and will be juggling baby between us and if 2 provides cover (or as much as the vacc can) then that sounds like a good option.

CatherinaJTV Thu 04-Oct-12 19:03:21

I have not looked at DTaP studies for a while, but I thought that protection after two DTaPs was maximally in the lower 80ies. However, Sweden gives up to 16 months paid maternity leave and generally has a low population density, so they may consider themselves "low risk"?

surfmama Thu 04-Oct-12 17:51:43

Hello I understood babies weren't protected until they had had 3 doses of this vaccine, so protection in UK wouldn't be until 6 months following normal schedule. I notice that in Sweden they do 3, 5 and then 12 months.... does anyone know why? Are they thinking protection is from 2 doses (and is it?). thanks for your help in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now