Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Lump in arm 2 months after vaccination

(3 Posts)
PlopButNOPudding Tue 25-Sep-12 02:32:31

My dd (3) had a infanrix -hexa booster 2 months ago.
Immediately after she had an angry red lump.
The redness went away within 6-8 days and left a hard lump the size of a golfball around the injection site.
I took her back to the doctor and they said whilst not common, it happens and its nothing to worry about and should go.
2 months later the lump had gone down but is still very hard and the size of a pea.

Has anyone on here experienced this? Should I be worried and seek a second opinion? What about other vaccines and further boosters of the same vaccine (she is due one more). It didn't happen with the first 2 shots, I guess I'm worried about worsening reactions.

CatherinaJTV Tue 25-Sep-12 07:17:51

I would have it looked at again. It is very well possible that it just takes a bit longer to go away (DD had a lump in her leg from her DTP/hib that needed over 2 months to go), however, in rare cases, a small cyst forms at the injection site which might not go on its own - an ultrasound would show whether that is the case. Good luck and let us know what it was!

PlopButNOPudding Wed 26-Sep-12 06:38:01

Thanks for your reply- I'll update when I've been back to the doctors..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now