Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

HPV Vaccine?

(12 Posts)
Brycie Thu 18-Oct-12 02:26:12

It's supposed to only work if they haven't had siex hence why they do it early

cynister Thu 18-Oct-12 02:22:36

I have not allowed my children the HPV jab. They are all up to date with every vax. I am still evaluating the pros and cons. I think I probably will have them get the jabs, just not yet.

Brycie Thu 18-Oct-12 01:47:11

is that ASO4? How do the ingredients get tested anyway? anyone know?

Longsufferingmrs Sun 14-Oct-12 22:38:12

I have been researching the HPV vaccine for the past few days as DD has had letter this week calling her up for the jab at school. I will not be letting DD have the jab because of the research that has been done regarding one of the ingredients, 'amorphous aluminium hydroxyphosphate sulphate'. Type that into google and read the information. Obviously there are always websites that scaremonger, but these are proper medical research papers detailing the poisonous effects of aluminium in this vaccine. I could go on in detail about what I've read but I know how mumsnetters can be very pro-vaccination and I don't feel like getting roasted. Read it for yourself.

TinyDancingHoofer Thu 13-Sep-12 15:17:03

Sorry, bit late but why did you say no/ what is the testing process?

Accuracyrequired Thu 12-Jul-12 09:53:43

Yes I've said no, I was not happy with the testing process

CatherinaJTV Tue 10-Jul-12 18:10:04

the only reason for us to say "no" to the school shots would have been to get DD the Gardasil which protects against 2 more strains of HPV.

SM4SB Tue 10-Jul-12 12:32:29

Has anyone other than me said no to their daughter having the vaccine?

SM4SB Tue 10-Jul-12 11:35:16

Has anyone other than me said no to their daughter having the vaccine?

CatherinaJTV Sun 22-Apr-12 18:23:51

ask the school, they should be able to tell you.
"get better vibes" to your daughter ~~~~

MoreCatsThanKids Sun 22-Apr-12 17:43:41

Bump?

MoreCatsThanKids Fri 20-Apr-12 16:47:17

My DD is due the third (last) dose of HPV vaccine next week at school. She is poorly and will not be able to go into school that day.

Does anyone know if she can get the third one at the GP?

TIA smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now