Sun £9.50 holidays - post your favourite campsites here please

(63 Posts)
ChippyMinton Wed 02-Jan-08 09:22:22

Start collecting tokens from Saturday in the Sun newspaper. Lots of dates for easter, spring and May bank holidays.

Anyone got any favourite sites to recommend?
Mine is Nodes Point on the Isle of Wight

myjobismum Wed 09-Jan-08 12:33:58

ok well thankyou very much smile will give it a go and see!

Haylstones Wed 09-Jan-08 12:38:17

myjobismum, you need 6 tokens, there's a bonus one here extras.thesun.co.uk/email_tokens/holiday_token.html?EMC-mktpromo950email?EMC-Bltn that you can print and I think today's paper has another bonus one? If you give lots of dates and a few choices of whre you'd like to go then you're more likely to get a date in June (also a good idea to sned your form off asap)
I think I might also have a bonus token for first time bookers ( I got a priority online booking form) so if you get desperate I'll have a look and could post it to you

myjobismum Wed 09-Jan-08 12:47:30

thank you so much smile

my sister is sorting it all out she has the one from sat - a booking form from her friend and she is going to buy one every day til it ends + the one i am going to print off!

thanks for the offer - if we fall short i will let you know!

Chuffinnora Wed 09-Jan-08 13:00:31

I would not recommend Quay West in New Quay Ceredigion West Wales. It is a Haven site. We had a very poor welcome from the staff who behaved as though we were being given a free gift from their own pockets not the keys to a grubby and shabby caravan. To get to the swimming pool, outdoor playground, indoor entertainment or anywhere else really you have to go through the slot machine arcade. Which is fun with a 2 year old who wants to play everything every time you go through (even the poker machines!) It cost £2 for 15 mins on the bouncy castle and the children are encouraged to buy raffle tickets and a yard of coke by the entertainers in the evening show. In summary - it is vile and will cost you a fortune whatever you try to do there (unless you get good enough weather for the lovely little beach half a mile down the road). New Quay itself is a lovely seaside town which we visit regularly but I would never set foot in that campsite again and in fact we left on the 3rd day.

Trix11 Wed 09-Jan-08 15:04:36

Does anyone have a copy of todays sun and if so would you be so kind to let me know what the code is today for the 9.50 sun holidays?

Trix11 Wed 09-Jan-08 15:33:54

Has anyone been to the sites around Burnham on Sea and if so what are they like?

Trix11 Wed 09-Jan-08 18:31:03

bump

nappyaddict Wed 09-Jan-08 20:17:07

i went to one by burnham on sea i think it was called brean sands and it was fab.

nappyaddict Wed 09-Jan-08 20:19:50

brean sands is pontins, burnham on sea is haven and the other one is called holiday resort unity and is fab - it has its own leisure park.

Trix11 Wed 09-Jan-08 21:11:45

Thanks Nappyaddict - so all three are good?

mysonsmummy Wed 09-Jan-08 21:13:18

the code today is DATE xXXX

Trix11 Wed 09-Jan-08 21:13:51

Which one is holiday resort unity in the sun listing?

nappyaddict Wed 09-Jan-08 21:14:34

we only stopped at the HRU one but the pontins one looked good too. not sure about haven cos we didn't look around it. the only thing is there isn't much to do in burnham. we only went for 2 nights as a stop over on the way to devon cliffs in exmouth.

nappyaddict Wed 09-Jan-08 21:15:12

it says underneath it. i think its the second one.

Trix11 Wed 09-Jan-08 21:27:04

Thanks - we are only planning two nights Friday and Saturday just a short break.

Mysonsmummy thanks for the code.

Trix11 Wed 09-Jan-08 21:31:33

Oh I could not see for looking - it was only the one I had marked as my first choice park - now I realise I cant book that one online.

nappyaddict Wed 09-Jan-08 21:37:13

oh .... why not?

justbeme Wed 09-Jan-08 21:58:52

Does any one know if you can take dogs on the Sun Holidays? I remember checking conditions before but couldnt see.

Trix11 Wed 09-Jan-08 22:01:48

You can only book some of them online - if it is available to book online there is a little red box to indicate so.

Geri2 Fri 11-Jan-08 10:16:39

Justbeme,
I think you can take dogs to some of the parks.. perhaps put a note in with your application and then they'll give you one where they allow you to take dogs.

we have been on a few Sun Holidays, our favourite one was 'Seashore' in Great Yarmouth... worst one has to be Romney sands, wouldnt go there again. Mind you it was at the end of the season, so might be better earlier on. It may well have improved by now as we went about 3 years ago.

Does anyone have the address to book online, as I've lost my booklet. I've started a new thread asking, just in case this one gets lost sown the pages! ;-)

piglet04 Fri 11-Jan-08 14:18:29

warmwell weymouth. anyone booked here with the sun and extended? wanted to know if it was expensive to extend and stay for 7 nights instead of four??

nappyaddict Fri 11-Jan-08 22:35:50

what we've done before is send off to separate booking forms with 2 lots of tokens and only put 1 date on each instead of 4, and so that they were straight after one another making a week. as long as you send it off straight away you should get it.

Scramble Sat 12-Jan-08 00:12:53

How much do the holidays actually end up costing, I am saving tokens ansd will haev towait to bbok as I have no booking ref.

nappyaddict Sat 12-Jan-08 01:03:21

i always pick the ones where there isn't a service charge or charge for passes then it is literally just £9.50 each.

nappyaddict Sat 12-Jan-08 01:53:06

what are primrose valley, rockley park, thorpe park and golden sands like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now