London half term - which attractions?

(6 Posts)
TheCompanyOfCats Sat 15-Oct-16 19:35:43

Hi all,

me and DH are having a weekend in London at half term. Normally, we do the usual galleries and museums but this time we've decided to do it like actual tourists! So where to go?

In amongst doing other things that we've already planned, we'll probably have time to 'do' two attractions and I'm weighing up the following: The London Dungeon, The London Eye, Madame Tussauds and The London Aquarium. Which two should we do? I can't decide whether the London Dungeon would be excellent (especially given that we'll be up just before Halloween) or really disappointing? And what about the others?

Any tips gratefully received!

hyperhypermum Sun 16-Oct-16 22:18:37

Personally, I would do the dungeon & the eye. The aquarium is good but there are Sealife Centres all over the country so it's not uniquely London iyswim. I didn't rate Madam Tussuads, there are better, cheaper attractions. I really liked the dungeon although some people commented that the the actors are a bit hammy! As you'll be here near Halloween, how about a Jack The Ripper tour followed by a curry in Brick Lane? Not sure what else you've planned but a river trip to Greenwich is nice. Also, Tower Bridge Experience is good (glass floor!) and I'm sure they still do a combo ticket with the Monument which is nearby.

WIhatever you do, have fun. I love London!

TheCompanyOfCats Mon 17-Oct-16 09:30:12

Thanks Hypermum, great tips there. DH isn't keen on the idea of Madam Tussauds so coupled with what you've said, I think we'll cross that one off our list.

Hadn't thought of the Tower Bridge Experience, shall look into into it. And a Jack the Ripper tour sounds really interesting.

We'll definitely 'do' the Eye and we are going to the Theatre too. I'm really excited now!

noramum Mon 17-Oct-16 14:32:03

There is a ghost bus tour as well, our company did them one year.

I personally found the eye a lot of fuss about a boring thing but I am not somebody who likes views of any kind. Alternatives are the Shard or - may be booked out though - the Skygarden

mrsmortis Thu 20-Oct-16 10:18:40

Hop on, hop off bus and the Tower would be on my list.

TheCompanyOfCats Thu 20-Oct-16 14:37:46

Ooh, thanks both. Sorry to not respond before, I hadn't seen your replies (MN has been buggy this week). Have added bus tour (maybe ghost bus tour) to the list smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now