Belfast

(11 Posts)
MidMay Fri 16-Sep-16 12:58:57

Me, DH and DC (13&11) are off to Belfast for a few nights next month. We are staying in an apartment around 10 minutes walk from the centre.

Plan to visit the Titanic visitor centre and will hire a car for at least one day to visit Giants Causeway.

Any other gems/must-do's for both the City and local areas, and recommendations for great places to eat out in and around the city?

WordGetsAround Fri 16-Sep-16 13:01:43

The Muddlers is a great place to eat!

TeaPleaseLouise Fri 16-Sep-16 13:03:37

Ulster Folk and Transport museum is brilliant, it's quite close to Belfast and the train stops at it.

W5 is fantastic, it's close to the Titanic museum, your DC will love it.

Shame you're not here this weekend though, it's culture night tonight which is always fantastic!

Food, it's been so long since I've been able to get out and have a meal out I can barely remember but Home is always good.

TeaPleaseLouise Fri 16-Sep-16 13:05:30

Too many fantastics in that but honestly they both are, Belfast is a brilliant city!

Bus tours are a great way to play pokemon go too if that appeals to your DC wink

WipsGlitter Fri 16-Sep-16 13:08:49

St Georges Market
Ulster Museum
Dark hedges on the way to Giants Causeway

Personally I think culture night is over-rated!!

WipsGlitter Fri 16-Sep-16 13:10:33

Barking Dog
Cafe Conor
General Merchants
Home
Deanes
Robinson and Cleaver

All good for food

MaudGonneMad Fri 16-Sep-16 13:11:08

Mourne Seafood Bar

TeaPleaseLouise Fri 16-Sep-16 13:11:44

Ah, I love it smile

Oh yes, St George's market or the Ulster Museum on Sunday mornings as nothing else is open...

MidMay Fri 16-Sep-16 14:22:10

This is brilliant, thank you so much for your replies. Yes DS heavily into Pokemon TeaPlease! Really looking forward to it.

Any thoughts on venturing into Shankill Road area? I'd like to show the DC the art murals and to give context to NI's history. I've seen there are some walking tours - not really sure. Any thoughts?

WipsGlitter Fri 16-Sep-16 14:45:41

Black taxi tours are good - saves walking. Takes in the murals on both "sides".

MidMay Fri 16-Sep-16 17:27:45

Thank you Wips. Just been looking at the reviews on TA for the tours, they come highly recommended. I've emailed them to get something booked in with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now