North Norfolk - tell me!

(7 Posts)
Poppytime Sun 04-Sep-16 18:03:36

Staying near Holt in October half term. Been before but when Eldest DC was a baby so was really just walks and pub lunches. DD is 3 is DS will be just 1. We are there for a week, so any recommendations of eg kid friendly pubs with good food, places to visit, activities with young kids etc all welcome! Went to pensthorpe (sp?) before and indoor play area was excellent but bit worried will be crazy busy as half term? Thanks so much in advance!

MoreCoffeeNow Sun 04-Sep-16 18:06:29

Steam train at Sherringham, seaside and pier at Cromer.

Halfbaked Sun 04-Sep-16 19:59:25

Byfords in Holt is a great child friendly place to eat, and the food is great.
Bewilderwood if dry, dinosaur adventure park (has indoor parts)
Sea life centre at Hunstanton, seal watching trips from there or Blakeney.
Plenty of beaches to go to, although the weather might not be great. You can walk on the beach at Horsey (there is a pushchair friendly trail too) and see the seals. West Runton and Cromer are good for rock pooling.
Pensthorpe is lovely, the indoor play park has timed entrance so it doesn't get too crowded, even at half term.
Elephant Playbarn near Mundesley is a lovely small soft play for under 7's with in and outdoor play areas and a cafe.
Enjoy your holiday, it's a lovely part of the world.

sacbina Sun 04-Sep-16 22:49:14

Bircham Windmill - my two loved it
Dinosaur adventure park - their favorite bit
Seal trip - wonderful but not sure about in October
Steam train - good for a bad weather day!

Poppytime Mon 05-Sep-16 13:05:59

Thank you for all the suggestions so far! I am really looking forward to it, such a lovely part of the world. With 2 small DC we are all about 'stay-cations' at the moment! Any more recommendations for good lunch places? It will also be MIL birthday while we are there - was thinking of taking her for afternoon tea somewhere? Morston hall?

onecurrantbun1 Tue 13-Sep-16 14:27:22

There is a fabulous farm at Snettisham - deer safari highly recommended
Beans Boats for a seal trip from Morston
Sheringham is a nice National Trust with good walks
Wells-next-the-sea have a pirate ship moored there and do amazing ice cream / pancakes on board, c. £6 p.p. Also like the train down to the beach
Holkham Hall have a fab adventure play park,you'd have to go round with the kids being the ages they are. Parking £3 but parkland and play area free

EasternDailyStress Sun 18-Sep-16 15:46:54

Funky Mackerel in Sheringham is good for a snack type lunch. It's right on the seafront, so great views. Does giant cakes which are delicious, also sandwiches.

MaryJanes chip shop in Cromer has a restaurant attached, which does great fish and chips of a lunchtime.

I'd second Byfords as a good lunchtime choice, also Wells deli (in Holt).

If you fancy a nice country pub lunch, then the Three Pigs at Thornage (owned by the Byfords people) is lovely too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now