Cromer

(8 Posts)
marthamydear Sat 06-Aug-16 01:40:46

Hello,

We are renting a cottage in Cromer 19th August for a week... has anyone got any pointers for things to do in the area or area nearby for us to do? Especially if wet?

2 adults and one 5 year old. Any places of interest that you can suggest - we have the car, so we are happy to travel to nearby areas. We have been told that Cley, Wells, Sherringham, Holt, Burnham Market, Blakeney and Fakenham are worth visiting... so we'll probably visit some of these places, but anyone that knows the area well - please let me know any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance - we are really looking forward to visiting North Norfolk
we've never been before x

BusStopBetty Sat 06-Aug-16 13:14:10

Bewilderwood is great for that age group. Although needs a fine day. www.bewilderwood.co.uk/

I'm not a sherringham fan, but I think it has a big indoor pool for wet days.

Quite a bit to do indoors in Norwich if the weather is particularly bad. The castle is very good, although I wouldn't visit the dungeons with a little one (I wasn't keen as an adult.) Lots of other museums in Norwich and Norfolk.

Crabbing in Cromer is fun. A trip to see the seals? Think that's from Blakeney, but not sure.

North Norfolk railway?

usual Sat 06-Aug-16 13:18:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

usual Sat 06-Aug-16 13:20:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Sat 06-Aug-16 13:22:16

North Norfolk railway but drive to Holt rather than Sheringham because the car park is cheaper and the station is out of town (so you can go to the shops and beach).

Holkham hall is about 45 min drive from Cromer and has various activities going on over the summer.

Felbrigg hall, national trust and worth a wet walk round the grounds.

There's various places you can do pottery painting and things like that if it's wet.

Rock pools and crabbing at West Runton.

Book seal watching from Morston or Blakeney but phone in advance to book.

There's a decent sized play area next to the visitor centre in Cromer.

Our all time favourite thing is kite flying. Don't know why but both my kids love it and up on the cliffs at Cromer is good to catch the wind.

See the show at the pier?

marthamydear Sat 06-Aug-16 17:53:13

Thank you for all the suggestions. Lots of options. I can't wait! Hope it's like today weather wise x

justaweeone Sat 06-Aug-16 18:15:12

We live in Norfolk and have just been to the beach at West Runton which is much whiter than Cromer ( you can walk to it from Cromer)
Has a nice little cafe
If the weather is iffy you could always take a drive into Norwich and visit this
http://highaltitudepk.co.uk/
Cromer is lovely, I'm sure you will have a fab time !

mrsmortis Mon 08-Aug-16 13:56:39

The dinosaur park (http://www.dinosauradventure.co.uk/) has a really good soft play area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now