Cottage holiday, wales, 3 & 1 year old, grandparents and their bloody dog...

(12 Posts)
WineSpider Fri 05-Aug-16 17:39:32

Ok, need help for next spring / summer.

Grandparents have offered to take DH and I and our DC who will be 3.5 and 1 year old on holiday.

We have quite different tastes so success needs to be a compromise. Damn it...

So we are looking for a cottage holiday but with easiness and facilities for kids eg pool.

Near the coast, ideally Wales as it's half way.

They will be bringing their dog which seems to be reducing the options.

Somewhere like these (being in cornwall or not dog friendly rules these out unfortunately)....

[http://www.clydeycottages.co.uk]

[http://www.bosinver.co.uk]

Thanks in advance.

NicknameUsed Fri 05-Aug-16 17:45:29

I think, in order to preserve your sanity and to prevent falling out, it might be better to book somewhere where there are several self accommodation cottages so your family can have one cottage and your grandparents and their dog can have another.

Jinglebells99 Fri 05-Aug-16 17:50:24

www.fronfawr.co.uk/our-cottages/

These are the dog friendly cottages owned by clydey cottages. You can use the facilities at clydey, although it's a bit of a drive. Nice and secluded. We stayed in the farmhouse with grandparents and dog and kids, and later went back and stayed in one of the smaller cottages.

Ruhrpott Fri 05-Aug-16 17:53:06

We stayed here and it was lovey

selfcatering.travel/ty-traeth

WineSpider Fri 05-Aug-16 18:34:13

Thank you. I will definitely need my sanity preserving - when i said grandparents i meant my DC's grandparents ie my in laws. Even worse!!

DeepDarkPit Fri 05-Aug-16 18:47:33

www.cadairviewlodge.co.uk/

iseenodust Tue 09-Aug-16 08:39:33

www.celtichaven.co.uk/ Lovely small development outside Tenby with small indoor pool. Dogs allowed in most cottages. We've been twice.

NeverEverAnythingEver Wed 10-Aug-16 22:30:44

We stayed in Trenewydd Farm Cottages in Pembrokeshire. They have a few cottages - you could get separate ones! And outdoor heated swimming pool. And animals. And they allow pets.

smaiwa Fri 12-Aug-16 23:38:50

www.snowdonia-farm-holidays-wales.co.uk

PizzzaTheHutt Wed 17-Aug-16 09:32:33

The fron fawr cottages are linked to clydey cottages and dogs are allowed. You can stay there and use the clydey facilities too. We're going next week!

ConformationFart Wed 17-Aug-16 09:34:51

Which part of Wales are you thinking about?

DoubleMum Sun 21-Aug-16 09:00:45

There's a Facebook group called Dog Friendly Cottages where everything listed is dog friendly. But you can also search on most of the agencies (eg Sykes), filter the search by 'accepts dogs'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now