Somewhere a bit like Centre Parcs for week between Christmas & New Year?

(13 Posts)
TweeterandtheMonkeyman Fri 05-Aug-16 08:50:27

We are only taking one week off this year (self employed)..between Christmas & New Year , and we want to make it a proper break and something the DC will enjoy (3 and 6). I loved centre parks when we used to go during termtime (cheap!) but it's around £800 that week for 4 nights which is a bit much. I really want a nice hotel/ apartment/ lodge for a few nights which also has really good pool/ leisure facilities and is super family friendly (for ref our other favourite place is Alton Towers resort but it's closed that week!)
Any ideas please?

cestlavielife Fri 05-Aug-16 15:19:00

even a premier inn at that time is likely to cost you around £100 per night depending where - of course you may get basingstoke industrial estate for £57.... so it's actually not unreasonable to pay £200 per night when you get access to pool etc. pool complexes like CP would cost you around £50 at least for a family for entry.
if you want nice you have to pay at least £100 - but look at hilton hotels with pools - you can often get good deals on family rooms with dinner b and b for around £120 per night. (but no own kitchen/lounge etc)

FeckinCrutches Fri 05-Aug-16 15:20:57

We do this every year, everywhere is expensive unfortunately! And we've found masses of places are closed.

WhereMyMilk Fri 05-Aug-16 15:22:01

Blue stone in Tenby is like centre parks but IMO nicer and is cheaper

Diddlydokey Fri 05-Aug-16 15:29:09

Loads on Hoseasons Lodges www.hoseasons.co.uk/lodges/finlake-holiday-resort-finl?adult=2&child=2&nights=4&range=3&start=26-12-2016&sortorder=8&features=3031

FeckinCrutches Fri 05-Aug-16 15:29:49

Bluestone will still be about a grand over Christmas.

TweeterandtheMonkeyman Fri 05-Aug-16 15:31:07

Thanks for the suggestions, I will have a look. Yes point taken re. cost..I may well end up booking CP.
Feckin where do you usually end up going? Last minute package abroad has crossed my mind but obviously we'd be into ££££ then.

FeckinCrutches Fri 05-Aug-16 15:34:31

We end up at Centre Parks every year grin I end up looking and looking and getting pissed off and end up booking it anyway! It's got everything that we need, and we book a cabana so we can spend even more time in the pool.

Diddlydokey Fri 05-Aug-16 15:35:46

You can go to Budapest for 3 nights from Luton on Wizz Tours for 800 Euros & it is pennies when you're there!

TweeterandtheMonkeyman Sun 07-Aug-16 18:27:03

Maybe see you there then Feckin ! grin

FeckinCrutches Sun 07-Aug-16 19:03:08

Only if you're at Whinfell wink

mouldycheesefan Mon 15-Aug-16 08:30:27

I have been to Budapest at that time of year and the hotels were not pennies!
Centreparcs does seem best option.

Diddlydokey Wed 14-Sep-16 13:44:34

Mouldy that was including hotels shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now