Camber Sand!

(7 Posts)
The2Ateam Wed 27-Jul-16 21:48:52

We want to visit Camber Sands in August, maybe stay a night or two. Can any recommend a place to stay? We are a family of four, Dd8 & DS3. Hoping for nice weather and a day paddling in the sea and exploring the beach.

grandmainmypocket Wed 27-Jul-16 22:09:42

It depends on your budget.
You have Pontins which is cheap and cheerful &lots to entertain the kids if weather isn't great.
You've got the lovely Gallivant just by the beach if you're looking for something more upmarket but they book up quickly. I loved staying there. They also have family rooms though I'm not sure how big.

The2Ateam Wed 27-Jul-16 22:30:37

Thanks! I don't want Pontins, or anything similar. That hotel looks lovely, but was it small (loud) child friendly?

grandmainmypocket Thu 28-Jul-16 00:56:21

There wasn't much for a child to do there but we spent most of our time at the beach. It was very calm when we went both overnight or just for the restaurant.

There are also quite a few rental homes near the beach. The road to the beach can get terribly congested on sunny days so I would recommend staying as close to the beach as possible.
I haven't tried accommodation in Rye though I want to look into it in the future.

Thethingswedoforlove Thu 28-Jul-16 01:14:41

Worth looking on Airbnb?

datingbarb Thu 28-Jul-16 01:38:21

Camber beach is nice especially if you have the weather but other than than the road (lydd Rd) is the longest most boring road ever! There is nothing there at all so unless you want to stay somewhere like Park Resort (caravan site, which is better than pointing) then be prepared to drive out to visit places.

The2Ateam Thu 28-Jul-16 08:54:33

Ok, thank you. Airbnb sounds like a good idea x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now