Wye Valley in December

(5 Posts)
Nerris Mon 20-Jun-16 16:57:18

Hi,

I am seriously considering a xmas/new year break in the UK within 4 hours driving (we are suffolk and essex border). Wye valley is somewhere dh and I have never been and we have 2 d's aged 4 and 6 and a young dog and thought a few walks in the forest of Dean might blow away the cobwebs after Xmas.

Also the cottages I've looked at in the Wye Valley area look better value for money than Dorset/Kent and North Norfolk might be a bit bleak at that time of year.

Has anyone been or can recommend other places that would be suitable?

TIA

Nerris Mon 20-Jun-16 17:00:33

Btw im sorry to mention Xmas so early but am fed up of the post Xmas "dip" my dh and i have experienced the last 2 years and would like to be organised this year and plan ahead!

Nerris Tue 21-Jun-16 09:49:41

Bump

Seeline Tue 21-Jun-16 09:53:19

We went in November about 20 years ago and it was lovely. On 'nice' days we went on walks, and on the not so nice ones, we explored the towns and Hereford, Worcester which aren't far away.

mummymeister Tue 21-Jun-16 15:26:12

tbh I think wherever you book it would be lovely. we enjoy being away at Christmas but perhaps be organised in case the weather is really appalling though over the past few years Dec has actually been OK for rain which seems to come later in the year.
I would check out some of the dog friendly websites and make sure wherever you go that there is good dog access.

Most places will be booking now for Christmas (if not earlier ) so you are right to be thinking ahead. there are highly likely to be minimum stays as well. There are quite a few dog friendly websites like dogpeople and dogfriendly so hopefully you will find something good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now