Alton Towers Hotels - recommendations and advice on deals

(10 Posts)
JSSB Mon 20-Jun-16 04:49:18

Hi. I'm looking into booking a 2 night stay for my husband and I and our daughter at Alton Towers as she is desperate to visit Cbeebies Land. Looking for any advice people have for our stay particularly if you have stayed at one of the Alton Towers Hotels. DD is 5 years old. Also any tips/advice on how to get cheapest deals. Thank you.

feesh Mon 20-Jun-16 04:59:46

Following with interest (sorry!). I thought the hotels looked like a great deal...then I found out that park entry was extra!

I also resent paying for price for AT entry when we only want to go in the CBeebies bit.

mummymeister Tue 21-Jun-16 15:28:02

they are a bit like Disney in that they don't tend to do deals except the sort of midweek in school term time type ones. we stayed in splash landings and it was fine for us.

sometimes the supermarket vouchers give you money off but generally again they don't offer these deals except when no one else wants to go.

dementedpixie Tue 21-Jun-16 15:29:25

We stayed in the enchanted village cottages which was nice. Don't know how price compares to the hotels though

Cheerybigbottom Tue 21-Jun-16 15:36:43

We went last year in June with our then 3 year old. We stayed at a holiday inn express nearby, it was £55 for the room with breakfast. It was fantastic.

We used tesco club card points to get half price vouchers for 2 adult tickets. Bought the tickets online, printed them off. 3 year old is free.
Soon as we got in the park we went to the office and bought return next day tickets for £10 each (son still free obviously).

We're going again in the summer, son is 4 now so we have to pay and we haven't any tesco points so I think we'll cut out the free adult entry tickets on Kellogg cereals and see if it's cheap to do bogof adult tickets, add a child ticket and buy the next day tickets in park, or find another deal on Groupon or something hmm

Cheerybigbottom Tue 21-Jun-16 15:38:50

Btw we went just for CBeebies land, but there's actually loads for a 3 year old to do. Get the alton towers app to check daily in park deals (money off food stalls and merchandise) and ride times.

Also my son said the postman pat & Charlie & choc factory rides were rubbish but couldn't get enough of the run away mine train grin

feesh Tue 21-Jun-16 17:03:42

The best deals I have found seem to be the pre-schoolers special for the accommodation (but you have to go before June 30th and it doesn't include park entry), but they have sold out of a lot of dates now, and then for park entry use the Kellogg's voucher, or book a few days in advance on the AT website (which works out even cheaper than using the Kids Pass app that I downloaded on the advice of moneysavingexpert last week, for its AT discount).

poppy1973 Tue 21-Jun-16 17:09:59

We booked and went to Alton Towers last year. Stayed in a Premier Inn. We decided to stay outside of the area and went in a nice premier inn at Stafford, Spitfire Close. Only paid about £40 for a nice family room and great accommodation. We cut across country for Alton Towers and found that it wasn't too bad a drive.

Backingvocals Tue 21-Jun-16 17:22:42

Sorry to hijack but this thread is very relevant for me as I'm thinking of taking DS there for his 7th birthday and to break up a long boring drive we have to do that weekend. Hoping to do an overnight stay, buy a package etc.

I was looking at a gold pass as I don't fancy a weekend standing in a queue (we'd be there in August) but I don't know if you get fasttrack access to anything that a 7 year old would want to do. The blurb says it's "ideal for thrill seekers" and whilst he's beyond the teacups, I don't think the terrifying rides (they all seem to be called Nemesis and Oblivion) are for him either. Any idea whether this is worth getting?

JSSB Thu 23-Jun-16 06:43:25

Thank you. Can you remember the name of the holiday inn you stayed in?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now