Do you think I'd get a last minute 'deal' during school hols?

(13 Posts)
Gazelda Tue 31-May-16 13:49:08

We're looking for a super-cheap self catering holiday during the summer hols (late July/Aug). In fact, we hope to be able to pay with avios points.

We generally go with Haven as they have great pools, kids club etc.
But they are so pricey! We've looked at other parks, but they don't look so good and/or we can't pay with avios.

We're not terribly fussed about the location this year, so do you think it'd be worth hanging on for another 4-6 weeks to see if any late-booking deals come up?

Chinks123 Tue 31-May-16 13:54:49

I go with haven too usually, they have a last minute deal on but it's for the next two weeks not July/aug. I don't know whether is worth hanging on for them as I know their prices do tend to stay really high in school holidays.

As for other places I don't know I only go to haven blush I've booked a week in Oct this year as its my only time off work, I must be mad it'll be freezing.

Gazelda Tue 31-May-16 14:21:33

Thanks for your reply. Where are you going in Oct?

mummymeister Tue 31-May-16 16:19:06

gazelda the very short answer is no. you will not get any late deals. thanks to mr goves changes to holidays in term time everywhere will either be already booked or you will find prices more than last year. what is your budget like?

Chinks123 Tue 31-May-16 16:34:56

Haven primrose valley, I've not been to that park before so hopefully it's nice. I want to buy a summer wardrobe for our 'holiday' but it will be far too cold sad ah well there's the indoor pool and kids cabaret so I'm not too bothered

Gazelda Tue 31-May-16 16:59:13

I know you're right mummymeister sad. I have about £6-700 worth of avios points, but that isn't going to get me a Haven holiday. Which is why we're looking at Plan B to find a different operator (probably Hoseasons or Park Resorts, neither of which are my first choice).

Sorry to sound spoilt!

Chinks - Primrose Valley looks lovely! I'd also recommend Weymouth Bay or Hafan y Mor. Both excellent parks for children.

mummymeister Tue 31-May-16 21:01:27

£600 for a week self catering in the school holidays might just about be doable if you got a stand alone cottage. you aren't going to get a site with all the facilities etc on for this. sorry.

if you really want to go away, then start looking at sites like ownersdirect and lastminute-cottages to see what they have got for that sort of budget. otherwise have a look at camping on a site with all the amenities and see if that would work out more reasonable.

Chinks123 Tue 31-May-16 22:25:33

Thanks I'm hoping so..I love Weymouth bay! Littlesea was a brilliant haven, but my ex lives 5 mins away so I haven't been in years. confused I'll go back one day I agree it's brilliant for kids. Hope you find somewhere!

maiii Tue 31-May-16 22:29:07

Have a look at ladram bay. It's fantastic.

carrielou2007 Wed 01-Jun-16 10:48:11

We've booked through Luxury Lodge Holidays (hoseasons) found originally on Facebook. They have offers/I booked places. Ring them though, we've been to Piran Meadows in Cornwall from their recommendations 3 times now and got a cancellation for August and paid £600. We're in St Ives this week and found this cottage from ringing Ayr holiday park and they also own this cottage and was the same price for a week as one of their caravans.

carrielou2007 Wed 01-Jun-16 10:49:52

We love Ladram Bay 3 miles from a Haven (went there once was so awful we left early) at Exmouth but s million miles better. Massive difference in price is the reason though grin

Skiingmum1966 Sun 12-Jun-16 20:00:24

YEs if you are prepared to go to Turkey there will
Be
Lots of last min deals in the school holidays try ski line sun who do active beach holidays with kids clubs with 3 good major suppliers they are on 0308313 3999

Mynxie Tue 21-Jun-16 20:07:24

Have sent you a message Gazelda

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now