Are there any websites to advertise untaken places in our holiday house booking?

(9 Posts)
Kerals26 Sat 28-May-16 14:00:00

Does anyone know whether there are any websites where I can advertise the untaken places in our holiday home? I booked a house with 12 beds for my husband's 40th birthday but loads of friends and family are away at the same time so 5 spaces are unused. The leaving date is only three weeks away now so getting a bit desperate to try and fill the spaces. Any suggestions? I did think about Gumtree and Daily Info etc. but not sure whether that is a good idea. All suggestions appreciated!

BackforGood Sat 28-May-16 23:36:22

Do you mean sharing a house with you and your family ?
Sounds a bit odd - or have I got the wrong end of the stick ? confused

bibbitybobbityyhat Sat 28-May-16 23:37:59

Good luck with that!

Costacoffeeplease Sat 28-May-16 23:45:41

You want to share the house you've booked for your husband's birthday with strangers?

Ok

FishWithABicycle Sat 28-May-16 23:58:31

Ummm. I think you probably have to swallow the cost yourself or share it out between everyone who is coming. No one would want to pay any money to stay in a house where the rest of the holidaymakers are a large group of friends and family that they don't know at all getting together for a family birthday party. Sorry.

Plus I think if you did this you might get more cancellations from people who have agreed to come. I wouldn't feel safe in a holiday house share with complete strangers.

You might have better luck casting the net wider among his more distant friends and relations - offering a steep discount on the normal room rate as they won't want to pay top whack for someone they aren't that close to.

20:20 hindsight but didn't you ring around/send out save-the-date cards before booking?

Sunnsoo Sun 29-May-16 00:00:15

Air bnb?

Costacoffeeplease Sun 29-May-16 00:02:57

Are you even allowed to sub let the property?

ReggaeShark Sun 29-May-16 00:06:04

No, you're not allowed to do this. Are you for real?

Sgtmajormummy Sun 29-May-16 00:34:06

Just invite more friends!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now