Northumberland self catering

(15 Posts)
Teabag2 Sun 15-May-16 19:50:33

Does anyone have any recommendations for self catering holiday homes/cottages in Northumberland? Travelling from Central Scotland with DD4 and DS2 beginning of July. We normally use child friendly booking sites but can't seem to find any in the area.

WillBillHal Sun 15-May-16 20:21:50

We're going in August - only booked last week and really struggled to find what we wanted. We used cottagesinnorthumberland.co.uk Which area are you looking for?

flutterworc Sun 15-May-16 20:26:40

We've booked one with Coquet Cottages, which is beautiful. Good luck!

defineme Sun 15-May-16 20:31:25

I would book any of the many self catering houses/apartments on Riverside Road in Alnmouth because you are then steps from the beach/playground /cafes etc. We stayed in several using northumbria coast and country cottages

NicknameUsed Sun 15-May-16 20:44:37

Alnmouth is lovely

crazymammy Sun 15-May-16 22:16:32

https://m.facebook.com/Wooler-cottages-926523110711282/

Can't recommend these enough! Amazing!!

Haudyerwheesht Sun 15-May-16 22:18:07

West ord cottages near Berwick upon tweed are lovely and owner is really friendly but unobtrusive.

Depends where you want to be though - Berwick is a good 30 minutes from the likes of Alnwick.

Elfontheedge Sun 15-May-16 22:18:53

We stayed at Butnfoot Holiday Cottages near Rothay. Really lovely and very child friendly.

Elfontheedge Sun 15-May-16 22:20:02

*Burnfoot

nulgirl Sun 15-May-16 22:20:42

Bamburgh is fabulous - we spent New Year there with the kids and are going back for the September weekend. I don't know what your budget is but Grace Darling cottages have amazing properties in many of the lovely villages around Bamburgh.

CauliflowerBalti Sun 15-May-16 22:23:02

I'd be looking in Beadnell or Craster if you're happy to drive out to places like Alnwick and Bamburgh for days out. Little seaside towns, lovely beaches for littlies. Can't recommend a cottage though as the place I stayed at - GORGEOUS farm - now only accommodates wedding parties.

AliMonkey Sun 15-May-16 22:52:53

We stayed at Beacon Hill near Morpeth which was comfortable, child friendly (games room, pool, indoor playroom, playground, equipment) and convenient for lots of places. Have since recommended to another family who also enjoyed it.

elvisthehamster Mon 16-May-16 00:05:40

www.coastalretreats.co.uk

Coastal retreats have some lovely properties and are family friendly-you may be able to get something cheaper direct though.

elvisthehamster Mon 16-May-16 00:06:23

Oh and Alnwick Castle is fab with kids-great fun.

Teabag2 Mon 16-May-16 09:22:05

Thank you so much for all your responses, so many lovely places to look at. I found this one but fully booked.

www.bamburghcottageholidays.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now