CARDIFF - WHAT'S THERE TO DO?

(5 Posts)
ukgirlatheart Thu 12-May-16 09:34:33

We are coming to Cardiff in June and have an evening to kill and the next day. What should we go to see whilst we are here?

Arrival Day - should be in Cardiff for around 1pm so a few hours before hotel check in - what should we do?
Evening where would you recommend eating - Cardiff Bay Area me hub and DS age 10
Daytime - just me and hub

mummymeister Thu 12-May-16 11:30:56

the castle was worth a look around and they have a wild water canoe circuit that we really enjoyed but you would need to book it.

Tokelau Thu 12-May-16 11:35:34

There's the Dr Who experience, if any of you like Dr Who. There are lots of chain restaurants in Cardiff Bay, Strada, Pizza Express etc. and a nice Italian restaurant opposite the WMC, but I can't remember the name.

We've done a boat trip, it went from Cardiff Bay to Penarth and back, that was good, but you would have to book in advance.

BestIsWest Sat 14-May-16 09:24:01

Techniquest, Dr Who Experience, both in the bay, you could probably spend a couple of hours in each. You can sometimes do set tours at the BBC studios to see the Tardis.
I like the Castle and the Museum is small but has a good art collection. If you have longer, there is St Fagan's on the outskirts which is an open air museum.

BestIsWest Sat 14-May-16 09:25:00

Also tours of the Millennium Stadium if you like sport.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now