Spa hotel for me and 15 year old dd

(18 Posts)
Dancergirl Mon 02-May-16 13:32:37

I'm looking for a nice reasonably priced spa hotel to take 15 year old dd to for a night or two. Preferably within an hour and a half of NW London. Any ideas please?

mummymeister Tue 03-May-16 08:09:13

Your DD at 15 will be too young for any of the spa treatments as you have to aged 18 or over. we tried to do this with one of ours when they were 15 and I searched and searched finding nothing. if you do find something can you post it because this has come up before and no one else has managed to find anything. spa hotels will do nail painting but that's not really the point if you want to have treatments together.

Dancergirl Tue 03-May-16 09:13:55

Oh, I didn't even think of that! Did you go away anywhere else mummy?

Blueberry234 Tue 03-May-16 09:18:01

What about a spa break at Aqua sana at centre parcs? Not everyone's cup of tea but I believe they do mother daughter treatments

Dancergirl Tue 03-May-16 09:19:48

I did think about Center Parcs, think dd would really enjoy that....but they are so inflexible with number of days and the day you go. We want two nights maximum.

mouldycheesefan Tue 03-May-16 09:23:57

If you go

Blueberry234 Tue 03-May-16 09:27:01

Have you looked directly through the aqua sana website? They have spa suites we did Longlest for 2 nights

mouldycheesefan Tue 03-May-16 09:27:30

Sorry! iPad playing up
If you go to thee Aqua Sana SPa page for centre parcs you will see you can book a one night spa break. That would give you two days in the spa and you can also use the other centre parcs facilities. Children from age 14 can use the spa and I think they do facials for 15 year olds. The spa at centre parcs is excellent the best I have been to.
Other than that most places with spas do not take teens

Dancergirl Tue 03-May-16 09:30:59

That sounds fantastic, thank you will check it out smile

mouldycheesefan Tue 03-May-16 09:37:28

Book it via the spa page not via the general centre parcs holiday page. Or call them.

mummymeister Tue 03-May-16 09:53:52

We ended up taking a different sort of break dancergirl because personally I would have felt very guilty having the full body treatments and her only having a facial (which she could have done locally so wouldn't be very special at all) We went down to London and did a couple of shows and shopping which we both enjoyed. I wanted an end of exam treat so let her choose and will be doing the same again this summer with her and another of my DC's. personally I would leave the spa treat until after a levels and then she can have the full pamper experience.

FifiRebel Tue 03-May-16 10:25:40

The best spa I've been to in London is K Spa (Hotel) near Westfields in Shepherd's Bush. Not sure on age restrictions

mouldycheesefan Tue 03-May-16 11:33:19

I have been to the k spa and it isn't as good as center parcs

DragonRojo Thu 05-May-16 07:55:37

If you are happy to go abroad, the Spa rules are more relaxed. For example Hoteles Santos in Spain have wonderful spas and you only have to be 16 to use them. Also you might find some in Austria, where I remember being allowed to take my 6 year old into saunas, steam baths and jacuzzis in standard hotels

OutwardBound2016 Thu 05-May-16 07:58:17

The Runnymede on Thames does spa treatments for teens, you can stay over and do a day in Windsor if you fancied.

bigTillyMint Thu 05-May-16 08:02:39

My BFF and I took our DD's (both just 16 at the time) to a lovely spa in Cheshire - we did an offer and the girls had the same treatments as us. They asked their ages, but no proof needed! Would totally recommend it and I have been to a few!

Sadly it's about 3 hours from NW London.

cestlavielife Thu 05-May-16 12:03:32

center parcs woburn spa you can do one or two nights and easy to get to incl by train kings x to flitwick.

hanbury manor is nice check deals but call them about age restrictions...
www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-deals/stngs-hanbury-manor-marriott-hotel-and-country-club/

Dancergirl Thu 12-May-16 12:57:28

Reporting back.

One night spa breaks at Center Parcs worked out really expensive and the sales consultant told me it was cheaper to book a normal 3 night stay and you can add on treatments. Even if we leave on the Sunday night it's a lot cheaper. We'll probably go to the Woburn one smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now