legoland

(7 Posts)
Finlaggan Sat 16-Apr-16 18:23:27

Thinking of going later in the year with 7&4 yo.

Is it worth staying at the hotel on site?
If not any recommendations?

Also all tips are welcome, not really theme park people but the kids love Lego & might stop them asking about Disneyland!

80schild Thu 28-Apr-16 18:43:58

I live an hour's drive away. I looked into staying at the hotel and it is ridiculously expensive and I have heard from friends it isn't particularly good. Berkshire is really scenic and has loads of history so there should be some good B&Bs.

mummymeister Thu 28-Apr-16 19:00:48

we stayed in a Travelodge/premier inn about 40 mins away which was great. wouldn't spend the extra to stay on site. save it for all the toys your little ones will want.

Pico2 Fri 27-May-16 20:27:29

I've looked at the prices to stay in the Lego hotel. DH pointed out how much Lego we could buy for that much money. We aren't staying there.

Whatafrickennightmare Fri 27-May-16 20:29:53

We stayed at Reading in the Hilton had a lovely pool and gym got a good deal booking tickets and hotel through a website. We got something like 2 days park entry and hotel with breakfast for £130 for 3 of us .

Offtodisney Fri 27-May-16 20:37:09

I stayed at the legoland hotel a couple of years ago and it was great. There is a playground outside and a bit of entertainment for the kids in the evening (not fabulous).
When you get in your room the kids do a kind of treasure hunt counting things in the room to get a combination for a safe, when they unlock it there's a little Lego toy each in there. My two loved that.
There is a pool but it's not great, a little slide and some water gun things and then a pool for just swimming.
The highlight for my ds was that when you stand on a certain place on the carpet it makes a loud farting noise and a Lego figure says "ewww you stinky pig"! We spent a lot of time walking on that corridor!!
There are Xbox type things for kids to play on in the entertainment bit and they get their own area of the bedroom with their own tv.
You get into the park an hour before the crowds so you can get the busy rides done with no queues.
We thought it was great and worth spending the money on.

IslaSinga Mon 30-May-16 12:29:42

We stayed at Heathrow crown plaza and I would definitely recommend. It was posh and had a pool, was close to legoland and only cost £90 for a room that accommodated a family of 5.
There's a legoland thread on here that is packed full of advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now