somewhere to stop south of Birmingham

(11 Posts)
Laura280315 Tue 12-Apr-16 16:52:33

Hi all, any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Me and my family are travelling from south lakes to Devon in a few weeks.

We have 12mo twins so are looking to stop somewhere south of Birmingham for a few hours to have lunch let kids runabout etc.

We could do with somewhere just past Birmingham (m5) to break the journey up and don't mind leaving motorway.

Anyone know of a wacky warehouse type place where we can have food and so the kids can play for an hour or so before we return to the car?

Many thanks

CMOTDibbler Tue 12-Apr-16 16:58:45

Theres a Brewers Fayre with a soft play bit just off the M5 at Tewkesbury. Or if the weather is OK, then the Worcester Country park which is just off J7 is a great place to stop as it has a great playground and a lovely cafe which you can sit outside.

JustABigBearAlan Tue 12-Apr-16 17:01:48

There's also a new service station around Gloucester (M5 junction 12) which is supposed to be nice, with children's play area etc - run by Tebay, I think.

www.gloucesterservices.com

Laura280315 Tue 12-Apr-16 17:14:36

Thanks so so much guys, I don't know the area at all but I will look into the places you have suggested and work out what's best for us. Can't thank you enough X

thesandwich Tue 12-Apr-16 17:18:23

Webbs of wychbold is a large garden centre just off the m6 with play area/ cafe etc.

PotteringAlong Tue 12-Apr-16 17:19:25

Gloucester services is good!

Papergirl1968 Tue 12-Apr-16 23:53:30

I was going to suggest Webbs too. It's just off the M5 at Droitwich, not the M6 though. There's also a Harvester and a McDonald's near there, but Webbs is your best bet to stretch your legs. There's a pet store selling mice, rabbits etc, fish tanks, outside play area, large cafe, section with Wendy houses etc for sale, riverside walks and large free car park. I think it's signposted on the motorway.

CMOTDibbler Wed 13-Apr-16 07:56:50

I wouldn't want to eat at Webbs though (much as I like a trundle round it) as I think the foods not v good and overpriced.
If I was coming off at Droitwich and it was for a few hours, you could go to Avonscroft museum if it was a nice day as theres loads of space to run, and everyone loves the tiny train. Sometimes you can pick up a Groupon to reduce the cost.

Gloucs services are lovely, but can be heaving as they are so popular, so if planning a long stop I'd go off the motorway

Laura280315 Thu 14-Apr-16 21:07:36

Thanks all X

rallytog1 Fri 15-Apr-16 21:09:49

If you're an NT member, there's Hanbury Hall just outside Droitwich and Croome by Worcester. Both are great and fab places for the kids to let off some steam.

Millie2013 Sun 17-Apr-16 13:57:17

Webbs is ideal if the weather isn't great as there's a fair bit to see inside, but I agree that the food isn't the best (we usually just have an ice cream). Worcester Woods country park is great on a dry day. Echo the suggestion of Hanbury Hall too.
There's a Brewers Fayre on the A38 in Bromsgrove, which has a soft play (IIRC)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now