a week in London

(9 Posts)
tillyann2013 Mon 28-Mar-16 20:52:26

Any accommodation recommendations please? 2 adults and a 5 year old. Am I looking at £100 per night approx? Thank you.

mummymeister Tue 29-Mar-16 17:38:04

we don't go into London very often but when we do I tend to stick with the cheapest most central travel lodge, premier inn type place that I can find. because in my experience, unless you are prepared to pay mega mega money all you really need is a bed in an easy to get around location. the travelodges around the main railway stations tend to be Ok and you can sometimes get a deal. lets you save your money and spend it on going out and day trips rather than on a bed.

Fourormore Tue 29-Mar-16 17:40:08

I agree with mummymeister. The revamped travelodges are actually quite nice and £100 a night won't go far in London.

Groovee Tue 29-Mar-16 17:41:57

I think I was about £280 for 3 nights at the premier inn at Tower Bridge. We would walk over Tower Bridge to Tower Hill's tube station and it's easy to navigate London on the Tube X

We stay in Travelodges. If you book way in advance you can get v v cheap rooms, and then have money spare for meals and activities.

bakingaddict Tue 29-Mar-16 17:47:25

Are you going to do proper London for a week? What's on your iternary. Travelodges in zone 3 areas will be less than £100 and may only take you 20 mins on the tube. If you are thinking of taking your 5 year old to a theme park like Chessington then the Premier Inn is really cheap there

tillyann2013 Tue 29-Mar-16 18:04:51

Thank you for all your responses.
Actually we are going for IVF at the lister hospital in Battersea but hoping to make it into a bit of a mini break as well. I shall check out the travel lodges and premier inns. Have also looked at some air bnbs but I'm a bit wary of them to be honest. Thanks again.

bakingaddict Tue 29-Mar-16 19:44:32

Batteries Park zoo is nice if you need your DH to entertain yr 5 yr old for the day. Cheap tickets are on national rail 2 4 1 deals

tillyann2013 Tue 29-Mar-16 20:59:45

Thanks baking addict.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now