holiday park recommendations?

(7 Posts)
franksidebottom Sat 26-Mar-16 11:45:02

Could anyone recommend a holiday park that they've been to, I would like somewhere in the south east. I've only done one which was Hastings and I hated it, although that was about 12 years ago. Lots of people seem to get good deals and I have no idea where you book them from. Can anyone help?

notagiraffe Sat 26-Mar-16 16:26:39

I love Camber Sands run by Park Resorts. it has a miniature steam train running through it which takes you up to Derek Jarman's house/the lighthouse in one direction and to a small seaside town (forget the name0 with a funfair and donkey rides on the beach at the other. Camber sands is a massive beach. No chance of being crowded when tide is low. At the opposite end of the park from the beach there are lakes you can fish at and walk round, with some fascinating old concrete structures from WW2, built in an attempt to radar spy on the Nazis.

The camp itself is nice enough - playwark, netball courts, indoor swimming pool, disco with kids club and bar, amusements arcade etc. Usual stuff. There are apartments and static vans and it is super cheap to have a week there. We did five nights in an apartment there over Easter for under £100 for the whole family.

franksidebottom Sat 26-Mar-16 18:31:18

Thankyou not a Giraffe, will look into that. Who do you book with, do you do it directly with park?

franksidebottom Sat 26-Mar-16 18:32:26

Meant to put I am on a budget, it doesn't have to be a week, even a long weekend is fine just desperate to get the kids away for a few days

notagiraffe Sat 26-Mar-16 20:32:43

just look up Park Resorts Camber Sands on internet. Actually, I think it was Romney Sands we stayed at. Hang on, will check and add link.

notagiraffe Sat 26-Mar-16 20:39:34

Yes it was Romney Sands where we stayed. They have Easter breaks starting at £140 for a few days. But Park Resorts has 3 night breaks from £72 in some other South East sites. I think they're a really good company (much better than Haven for example) - always really clean and well maintained at the places I've visited.

takethebiscuit Thu 14-Apr-16 14:36:41

Hoseasons has all the holiday parks deals and you can look by area. We just had a lovely holiday park stay on the Isle of Wight with Away Resorts. The kids loved the beach, heated pool and all the activities on offer. There was lots to explore off park too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now