Cheaper version of Centreparcs anywhere with less facilities?

(34 Posts)
Tigerblue Fri 05-Feb-16 17:33:39

To be honest Centreparcs is above our budget, so just wondering if there's something similar to Centreparcs anywhere with less facilities. Would love a log cabin, but an apartment is fine, swimming pool and possibly use of a jacuzzi, steam room, restaurant/bar - we can live without activities if that means it's cheaper.

Can anyone recommend anywhere please?

blardyfeck Fri 05-Feb-16 17:42:09

Have you looked at Sandy Balls? It came out about 400 quid cheaper that CP (even though still pretty expensive in my opinion but DH was keen)

Fairylea Fri 05-Feb-16 17:43:42

Wild Duck Haven is pretty nice. No beach etc and woodland ish with a small indoor swimming pool etc and lots of ducks about etc! Like a mini cheap centre parcs! (But with caravans obviously... Some summer houses too round a lake).

Milliways Fri 05-Feb-16 17:45:22

Finlake? in Devon

Bluestone in Wales( but I think that is prices)

Other ideas listed here in guardian

Centre parks in Europe often cheaper than uk!

Madmog Sat 06-Feb-16 08:47:16

Would Hoseasons be a bit cheaper. They have lodges, caravans, cottages with pools onsite.

hairylittlegoblin Sat 06-Feb-16 08:56:24

Butlins? It's cheap and cheerful but the pools at Skegness are great and the DCs loved it. (Aged 3 and 5) We had done CP before DD started school and it was great but couldn't afford holiday prices so went to Butlins. Our apartment was nice than the budget CP one and more stuff was included. It was busier and a bit more tacky but with 2 small DCs I spend a lot of time in soft play centres so didn't really notice. The kids still rate it as one if their best holidays ever.

Allyoucaneat Sat 06-Feb-16 09:04:56

Look at Haven some of their parks are amazing and cheaper than cp.

Or even cheaper with less facilities Park Resorts.

We did Parkdean and never again it was awful, but I was pleasantly surprised with haven. We've booked at week at park resorts regents bay in July £165 for four of us and upgraded to deluxe accommodation. They have pool, soft play, out door playpark and lots of attractions nearby.

Jenijena Sat 06-Feb-16 09:07:42

Hoseasons definitely. Went to a couple of their 'go active' parks last year with those facilities plus various activities you could book.

pinkchampagne1 Sat 06-Feb-16 11:48:35

If you fancy doing Center Parcs but are put off by the cost, look into Center Parcs Europe. We are going to one in Belgium in August and it worked out under half the price of a UK one. It is only a 3 hour drive from Calais and I have heard really good feedback from friends that have been before.

RNBrie Sat 06-Feb-16 11:50:48

Manor House and Ashbury Hotel in Devon are cheaper but still have lots of activities. We have been a couple of times, the food is questionable but the kids have an amazing time.

kiddieholidays1 Sun 07-Feb-16 21:15:51

Not sure where you are based, but Ribby Hall near Blackpool is meant to be good. There is an indoor water park, outdoor play area, soft play and loads of kids activities.

Dowser Thu 11-Feb-16 09:49:24

If you're thinking of another caravan park try hafan y mor nearth Porthmadog n Wales

I was very pleasantly surprised. It was beautifully maintained . Communal areas spotless. Could walk to a lovely beach. Pool area looked good but did not use.
Plenty of outdoor play areas.
It was a massive site but the way it was landscaped was just lovely. I will definitely go back. Nice and handy to spend some of your savings on a trip up the little railway up mt snow don

We paid £100 for 4 days in a luxury caravan in October and had pretty good weather. Betswy coed lovely. Beddgelert 's grave a must do.

ShreddieMonster Sun 06-Mar-16 10:54:06

Pine lodge holidays in the Peak District. Lodges and pool,playground,mini golf but no activities.

Berthatydfil Sun 06-Mar-16 10:55:34

Whitemead forest park in the Forest of Dean

TyneTeas Sun 06-Mar-16 12:51:06

Kielder is pretty nice : )

www.visitkielder.com/self-catering/kielder-lodges

Heavenscent86 Sun 06-Mar-16 13:02:15

Dowser how far is beddgelerts grave from Hafan y Mor and what is there? We are going there this summer and looking for things to do. Already done the Snowdon mountain railway. Sorry for jumping on your post OP. Haven parks are a lovely alternative to center Parcs in my opinion although I've never before stayed in one that has the number of onsite activities Hafan y Mor has so expect it to be a quite different experience.

birdsdestiny Sun 06-Mar-16 13:08:39

Riby Hall is brilliant, as is kielder but both are very similar cost to Center Parc.

serin Fri 25-Mar-16 17:38:16

Kelling Heath

Is lovely.

Technoremix Fri 25-Mar-16 17:41:25

Centre parcs in belguim and holland are brilliant and about half the price.

KimmySchmit Fri 25-Mar-16 17:42:17

Su parks in Belgium is owned by centre parcs & we have just as much fun there. We went at Feb half term for 259 euros, drive from Calais took just over an hour.
We've also done Normandy centre parcs 'les Bois' we got a last minute deal around 500 euros last summer for 10 days. Beautiful forest cycling dc's properly got the hang of cycling. Great treetop challenge too. Oh and Rapids of course

KimmySchmit Fri 25-Mar-16 17:43:27

m.sunparks.com/gb-en

BoGrainger Fri 25-Mar-16 17:46:42

Tattershall lakes in Lincolnshire is quite nice. You can book a lodge through Owners Direct.

iseenodust Fri 25-Mar-16 17:47:23

www.forestholidays.co.uk/locations/north-of-england/cropton-holidays
Silver Birch & better have own jacuzzi on decking
www.celtichaven.co.uk/
has a swimming pool, tennis, playground, restaurant

jolufc Wed 30-Mar-16 17:19:27

Cheddar woods

Dowser Wed 30-Mar-16 21:55:49

Not quite sure but reckon on 30 mins.its a pretty village with a lovely river going through it. A nice walk to the grave.
One of the best craft and gift shops ive been in. An interesting and very old gosh I'm not sure was it a national trust building or tourist info.
a lovely cafe. Stunning scenery .

Probably a half day.
I put a photo of the lovely little church on fb and was stunned when friend popped up and said his grand parents were buried there. Neither of us live anywhere near n Wales.

In the afternoon you could go to the hospital museum onthe lake where you get the train for mt snowden.

When I remember Ill tell you lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now