Stratford on Avon

(8 Posts)
mouldycheesefan Thu 21-Jan-16 12:37:51

hi, any recommendations for a couple of days with 7 year olds in Stratford? In February?
I am thinking of Shakespeare birth place, think there are some other places included in the ticket but Mary ardens farm is closed, the family tour of RSC and the tower, potter round shops and river bank.
What else?
Any good restaurants, we like good food

Thanks

Gruach Thu 21-Jan-16 12:54:45

It's too cold surely? Some of the nicest things; gardens, orchards, river tour, open top bus tour are heavenly in heat and sunshine - so I'd wait for Easter at least.

Before you decide on dates it's worth checking what's on at Compton Verney so you can include a visit there as well. (Ignore the Wedding Fayre-y front page - the combination of great house, art gallery and magical grounds make it a brilliant day out.)

HippyChickMama Thu 21-Jan-16 13:01:09

The butterfly farm is good with dcs and the car museum at Gaydon is just up the road too. For food I can definitely recommend The Garrick pub and Thespian's Indian restaurant.

breezeharbour Thu 21-Jan-16 13:01:40

Go to Hoorays it's fantastic!

Themodernuriahheep Thu 21-Jan-16 13:03:18

If you go on to the RCs website you will see something called mini steps or Shakespeare's steps which is free and you can do round Stratford.

Carterama Thu 21-Jan-16 13:09:40

I second the butterfly farm, we love it there, but be warned, there are no toilets on site!

99percentchocolate Thu 21-Jan-16 13:10:37

Try the Fourteas - fantastic!

mouldycheesefan Thu 21-Jan-16 13:40:27

Not waiting for Easter! It's a mild winter!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now