Any recommendations for a holiday flat in London

(7 Posts)
sighbynight Tue 13-Oct-15 14:20:30

My eyes are boggling with looking at Holiday Lettings/HomeAway/AirBnB. We are looking for a holiday let for a few days in February, fairly central London, two adults, four children, mostly teenagers. £250-£300ish a night. Has anyone been recently and can recommend? Thanks if you can.

BreeVDKamp Tue 13-Oct-15 14:27:12

Clock tower in the St Pancras hotel place on air bnb is gorgeous! Did a job there once so not sure how much it is. I'll try and find a link.

BreeVDKamp Tue 13-Oct-15 14:30:39

Oh it only accommodates 4. It is massive though!

www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/501171

sighbynight Tue 13-Oct-15 14:32:20

Thank you, Breee. You are right - it's gorgeous and a bargain. But two small for six sadly.

cestlavielife Thu 15-Oct-15 12:49:38

some friends of mine with same size family stayed near bayswater but i cant remember which one it was - try www.central-london-apartments.com/area-bayswater.php

sighbynight Thu 15-Oct-15 18:22:29

Thank you, I will. I'm a bit shaken actually. I contacted a HomeAway property this afternoon about making a booking and the owner was SO aggressive and rude to me (only by email. I'm a delicate flower) that I was going off the idea!

pootlebug Tue 20-Oct-15 06:54:49

Do you know whereabouts in London you want to be in terms of activities etc?

Wondering about heading out a bit e.g. to Greenwich, where you could get a flat with views over the city (so it still feels like London iyswim), and easy overland train / DLR / Riverboat services into town…8-10 mins to London Bridge. Even if you got a few cabs back (use Halo!) to come back after tubes etc it wouldn't be pricier than staying centrally. E.g. www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/6382609?guests=6&s=K1-BgxuY

If you want to do lots of West-ish London stuff it's less of a good option

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now