Portmadog

(9 Posts)
furrylittlecreatures Tue 21-Jul-15 14:10:15

Has anyone been looking for things to do that would suit 6 year olds, something active rather than beach/walk type stuff. Although we will do this was looking for suggestions of places to go. thanks

mrsmortis Tue 21-Jul-15 15:31:47

How about the narrow gauge railway. It depends on what sort of child you have but my DD was 5 when we did it and she had a great time. And you can take a child for free with each paying adult.

mrsmortis Tue 21-Jul-15 15:33:51

And if you have transport and can get into the mountains then there is llechwedd slate caverns or electric mountain.

Sirzy Tue 21-Jul-15 15:37:41

Cricceth castle is fun for kids and there is an amazing ice cream parlour just down the hill from it, and the chippy across from that is great.

mummymeister Tue 21-Jul-15 16:17:32

Walk into Borth y gest by the boat yard and then keep going on as there are some fab beaches with huge sand dunes to tumble down. you can walk from Porthmadog into Portmeirion which is fun to visit. there is also a go ape nearby and a bit further afield the greenwood centre which is a sort of eco theme park. what about the rabbit farm just outside criccieth?

Purplehulk Tue 21-Jul-15 16:33:43

Bounce Below Junior has just opened in Blaenau Ffestiniog, trampolines, slides etc IN the caverns. Pricey but great fun!
The ospreys are newly hatched at the RNIB place on the Glaslyn estuary.
There's soft play in Caernarfon and Barmouth
Anglesey sea zoo and the butterfly house just over the bridge, 40 mins away
Another vote for Greenwood, mine loved it at that age
Will try and think of more, enjoy your holiday!

Bunbaker Wed 22-Jul-15 22:01:03

We did the Ffestiniog railway when DD was 4 and she loved it.

furrylittlecreatures Fri 24-Jul-15 13:58:52

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. First hol with just the two of us so feeling a little anxious about it!(silly I know)

loopsngeorge Sat 25-Jul-15 23:51:05

We did minigolf in the park in the centre of Porthmadog and crabbing off the quay! The steam trains go right past you there as well. We were staying in Harlech, not far away, which has a really good castle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now