Nice veggie restaurant in Derbyshire?

(11 Posts)
Lagoonablue Wed 07-May-14 18:35:05

Taking a short break near Matlock soon. It is DHs birthday and want to go for a nice meal one evening. I am veggie so would prefer a veggie restaurant or one that at least has a decent veggie choice and not just pasta.

Any suggestions?

profpoopsnagle Fri 09-May-14 20:11:34

Greenway cafe only open Fridays late though (could you make it a lunch?) The food is amazing, but it's definitely a cafe and not a restaurant.

Lagoonablue Sat 10-May-14 22:49:51

Thanks. Needs to be a restaurant tbh.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Mon 26-May-14 22:24:16

The matlock balti is fab and has great veggie stuff.
Posher would be Rowleys in Baslow and posher still would be Michellin star Fischers also in Baslow.
Matlick also has a Thai restaurant which is supposed to be good but I have never been. Good luck .

ancientbuchanan Mon 26-May-14 22:38:42

Agree Rowleys and Fischers.

Most people are pretty flexible. If you rang eg The White Lion in Gt Longstone, you could discover what Greg has on the menu, his wild mushroom risotto is excellent. I'd think Hassop Hall would similarly be prepared to pull out the stops.

LetItBeMe Wed 28-May-14 10:43:41

www.thecarnarvon.co.uk/index.php?page=menu

We've just been here. It was very nice and the children's menu was excellent too. My ds 5 had lasagne and it was beautiful. Excellent food. Not cheap but you get what you pay for I think.
The treversal trail is very close, like 30 second walk awsy if you wanted a free activity before/ after.
To be honest the dessert was fabulous too and I could only waddle back to our caravan afterwards!

Lagoonablue Thu 29-May-14 06:45:35

Thanks

hagarthorne Thu 29-May-14 23:51:15

Greenway cafe is gorgeous!

spababe Sat 31-May-14 13:33:47

Fischers Baslow did me the most amazing veggie tasting menu ever. It's High End but you'll get what you pay for. Have a look at their veggie menu on their website

ellaballoo Wed 11-Jun-14 07:03:01

I can recommend the beer battered halloumi at 1530 in Castleton .

ellaballoo Wed 11-Jun-14 07:10:38

I can recommend the beer battered halloumi at 1530 in Castleton .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now