Southwold - Accmmodation with children

(6 Posts)
IDugUpADiamond Mon 24-Mar-14 10:32:36

Hi! Could anyone recommend accommodation in Southwold, kids being 7 and 10, somewhere convenient to explore the area, go for walks, beach, bikes, etc? TIA

mummymeister Mon 24-Mar-14 13:52:37

any of the houses near the beach would be perfect. self catering is definitely the best way to go in southwold personally as the hotels are a bit old style imo. hope its not for this summer though as it gets sold out really early. there is an estate agency in town that does lists and then you pick up the key from them at 3pm. would check them out first. it is a place pretty well set up for families.

IDugUpADiamond Mon 24-Mar-14 13:55:43

for the summer? Ahem, no, I was thinking for Easter...blush

incogKNEEto Mon 24-Mar-14 13:59:47

Ermm, I think you might be out of luck for this Easter, but you could always ring around and see, it's not a big place so most places will be near beach etc. Just for reference, the campsite is fully booked a year + in advance! Good luck.

cooper44 Mon 24-Mar-14 14:52:27

have you been to Walberswick - which is very close (you can get a boat over) - the Anchor there has little lodges in the garden which are great. It's an idyllic place for kids.

Bearwantsmore Sun 30-Mar-14 19:27:31

I think you'll find somewhere. We've booked through Suffolk Secrets before and when I looked last week they still had so e availability for Easter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now