Lyme Regis - B&B / hotel suggestions

(8 Posts)
TinyTear Fri 07-Mar-14 13:30:49

Hi
We want to go to Lyme Regis at the start of May

Does anyone have any recommendations for B&Bs or hotels that are within walking distance to the town/beach and so on. We don't drive and weren't planning on hiring a car...

Thanks

TinyTear Fri 07-Mar-14 13:34:21

Forgot to add, we have a 2yo, so needs to be child friendly - be able to add a cot / single to the room...

Found one online that said only children from 5yo so that wouldn't work for me... thanks

ParsingFancy Fri 07-Mar-14 13:40:50

I think we may have stayed at Coombe House a few years ago.

Location looks like what you wanted, even if I've got the wrong B&B. It's pretty flat to the sea, which is rare for Lyme!

TinyTear Fri 07-Mar-14 13:43:59

Thanks!

we don't mind hills or a wee bit of a walk, it's just places more than a mile away that are a bit too much with a 2yo

TinyTear Tue 18-Mar-14 14:43:46

Bump, any other recommendations?

I'm afraid in the b&B Coombe House only seems to take children 5 and older...

spababe Wed 19-Mar-14 10:16:39

I only go as a day visitor but would think location is the most important thing as the main road in Lyme is a very steep hill. Beautiful town though with great flat promenade and beach. Nice cafe at the bottom of the hill in a wedge shaped building that used to be a pub.
If you do decide to get the bus to anywhere else, Pecorama in Beer is a great attraction for children and was always top of my 'days out' list when my children were younger.
Hope you have a great time.

aoife24 Fri 28-Mar-14 15:52:56

This site has a number of central b and bs on it that take children although none says if there is an age limit

www.bedandbreakfastsearcher.co.uk/dorset/family_rooms/lyme-regis.asp

Sometimesbrunette Sun 06-Apr-14 03:27:32

The black dog :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now