Suggestions for a girls spa weekend near the sea

(9 Posts)
Lucky13 Wed 05-Mar-14 13:00:55

A couple of us want to treat a friend to a spa weekend to cheer her up from the awful time she's had lately.
She loves the sea and we were thinking about Watergate bay in Newquay, but i think it's a little too far for the weekend.
Can anyone suggest anywhere similar - either south coast or not quite as far down as Newquay?

mummymeister Wed 05-Mar-14 13:02:55

I know its not near the sea, but the best spa weekend I had was in bath. we stayed at a cheapie in walking distance and went to Bath spa all day for treatments and lounging around. there is roof top open air swimming pool. then went to the pump house for proper afternoon tea and a wander round then meals in the evening. have to say it was brilliant and easy to get to by train.

Lucky13 Wed 05-Mar-14 13:57:39

Thanks Mummymeister - yes Bath is nice - it might be a plan B if we cant find a sea location.

surfmama Mon 10-Mar-14 00:01:21

bailiffscort climping

TootsBoots Mon 10-Mar-14 17:21:33
TootsBoots Mon 10-Mar-14 17:22:12

I know it's Haven so maybe not the tone you were looking for, but some friends went for a mini Hen weekend and said that Spa was really good and it's right on the beach.

frazzeled Tue 11-Mar-14 19:41:59

Not Haven but The Haven Hotel in sandbanks, poole. Lovely spa, good hotel, amazing views, right on the beach, good restaurant in hotel, and loads of other stuff locally (good coffee stops along beach etc, good restaurants). Bit biased as we live near by but beautiful corner of the world!

frazzeled Tue 11-Mar-14 19:53:00

Sorry wasn't suggesting Haven not a good idea - just distinguishing between the two!

WholeNutt Wed 12-Mar-14 11:41:59

The Dart Marina in Dartmouth is lovely, they do some good spa break specials, some rooms have balconies overlooking the River Dart and there's some lovely places to eat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now