Centreparcs with toddler and baby twins...

(10 Posts)
Cheeka Mon 06-Jan-14 00:08:10

We are going in a couple of weeks time (to Elveden). It is our first time at a Centre parcs. Would you recommend taking the babies into the pool? Worrying about the temperature as it is winter and that it will be just me and DH juggling 2 babies and a toddler who is prone to extreme clinginess. Can it be done? I suppose my DH can take my toddler swimming and I can go for walks with the babies,but was wondering if there are shallow pools where I can just park myself with the babies.

Cheeka Mon 06-Jan-14 00:10:37

Twins are 10mths btw, and commando crawling!! They have never been swimming before either but love their baths!!

lottieandmia Mon 06-Jan-14 00:14:39

Center Parcs is a great place for children of any age - there seems to be nothing they haven't thought of. The swimming at the 2 CPs I have been to had pools specifically for babies with toys for them to play with in the water too. Have a great time!

SidandAndyssextoy Mon 06-Jan-14 00:17:01

I'm sure you've thought of this but I think the adult:under 3 ratio is 1:1 for the pool. Maybe you'll get a twins dispensation!

Cheeka Mon 06-Jan-14 10:35:48

Ah,well it makes sense that there is a 1:1 ratio of adult to baby....Well, DS turns 3 during the time we are there....thanks! X

SidandAndyssextoy Mon 06-Jan-14 16:40:01

Here are the guidelines - it's for under-4s but not all areas are covered - the very shallow baby pools might be included in the exemption?

www.centerparcs.co.uk/questions/health_saftey.jsp

BaileysOnRocks Mon 06-Jan-14 18:42:07

We are going to centre parcs this weekend (Cumbria) we go every year and love it. We have a 2 year old and 8 month year old and the swimming facilities are fantastic. They also have a baby disco, bowling, teddy bears picnic etc. enjoy!!

MrsJDonovan Mon 06-Jan-14 18:49:10

I've been to Elveden a few times and there is a big, very shallow pool perfect for toddlers. It's really warm and ideal to take very little ones.

The first time I went I had a toddler and baby. My husband and I took it in turns to take the toddler to the big pool and the other stayed with the baby in the toddler pool. However my toddler actually enjoyed the toddler pool too, so you could all spend time together there too.

I love Centre Parks and we've always had great holidays there! Have fun!!

Cheeka Mon 06-Jan-14 22:28:22

Brilliant-looking forward to itgrin

Sparkleandshine Tue 07-Jan-14 13:47:30

at elveden there is a brand new(ish) toddler / baby area splash pool and small slides etc, its great and you probably won't need to go into the 'pool' proper, unless you or Dh want to!

Make sure you book NOW if you want a bike with kid trailer or kid seat though as they do sell out. Ditto booking restaurants, they all have play areas (Cafe rouge and bella italia best play areas for your age group) but if you want to go around 6pm I would book in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now