A holiday like centre parcs but... not

(31 Posts)

I am a terrible, terrible, terrible flyer. Even typing that gives me the jitters.
We're looking for a family holiday for 2014 given we didn't get any time off work/school as a full family unit until Christmas.
I am okay doing the ferry to France/Ireland/Jersey etc.
I have two children, with a fairly big age gap so not interested in the same things. One is eight, the other nearly three.
In my head, I'm trying to find something kinda like "Cheaper By the Dozen 2" or "Grown Ups" where they stay in a cabin and there's a lake and stuff. DH is not keen on the lake district or the peak district. He is also not keen on Scotland as we're going there in the summer for a few days for a family event. We'd like to be near the beach. We'd also like the holiday to not cost the same as a small house :D
Any ideas of location areas? Previous holidays have been on the East coast, Yarmouth, Wales and Cornwall.
Where is good to stay in Ireland?
What is Jersey like - will I have two bored children?

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Sat 04-Jan-14 13:13:42

eeeek we have just booked to go on one of the forest holiday sites for easter.

Brilliant thanks ladies

Bambamb Sun 05-Jan-14 08:32:49

Forest holidays is lovely, you'll enjoy it.

5Foot5 Sat 11-Jan-14 18:08:40

Oh we did Forest Holidays a few years back and the cabin was lovely. Which site are you going to?

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Sat 11-Jan-14 21:05:20

5ft5 we are going to the yorkshire site we are dead excited!

JanicefromFriends Sat 11-Jan-14 21:08:54

We've been to 2 Dutch CP's and 1 in Belgium as well as Elveden CP quite a bit as its only 45 mins from home but I think foreign ones are much better value than the English ones and there are proper cycle paths outside the parks to explore.

OOH, this is interesting. Am thinking I might go away without DH this year - or for him to join us for a bit of it. Those of you who've been to Bluestone - a good, relatively stress free, place for one parent of 2yo twins?
My only fear is that we'd be paying a lot for the pool, which I wouldn't be able to use much on my own with two of them. Hmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now