Wanted: Seaside cottage, sleeps 5, must not be boring decor!

(7 Posts)

And under £700pw in August.
I'm dreaming I know but I'm so fed up with holiday cottages that haven't been decorated or refurnished since the elderly person who bequeathed it to the current owners died. Shabby chic, boho, downright hippy decor would be most comfy for this family.

Any ideas/links gratefully received. Not even bothered where in the UK if it 'felt' right.

mummymeister Wed 20-Nov-13 07:41:37

we stay here in Looe in Cornwall. not sure about this years prices but they have a cottage sleeping 5 as well as a swimming pool and farm animals and a big playbarn. there are chic boho places out there but not for under £700pw in August smile

Thanks.
Doesn't have to be that chic, proper scruffy hippy would be fine smile, just some personality.

mummymeister Thu 21-Nov-13 07:33:34

any good silkStalkings? if not what about airbandb website.

PicaK Fri 22-Nov-13 19:51:51

Seahorse Cottage, Aberfforest in Wales. Gorgeous shabby chic decor but fully equipped. Over your budget for August though.

Bea Mon 25-Nov-13 20:21:25

I had this problem... but somewhere really fancy and well done in august is a little tricky!

I went up north in the end.... the lovely Northumberland coast...

Sand and Castle

Sand and Castle have lovely cottages... a leetle over £700... but worth a look!!!?

Thanks all. Have discovered the Norfolk coast is very cheap (compared to Cornwall anyway) so currently scanning for cosy cottages in that region.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now