ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Venue for 40th - range of accom and a hall?

(5 Posts)
PolkaDotParty Sun 17-Nov-13 12:10:03

Forward planning but DH turns 40 in a couple of years and have started thinking about plans. as it will be an August celebration I figured we need to think early. DH would absolutely love a cheesy disco type thing, so we need a hall that could accomodate that.. But, as we live nowhere near anyone we would invite, I was thinking that a holiday cottage/campsite type set up would be good so we could all stay near each other. I'm thinking devon/cornwall/dorset/somerset. Any ideas?

Bea Sun 17-Nov-13 15:03:35

depends how many you want to have at the cheesy disco...and how big you want it... but i'm sure the dining room here could accommodate? worth a look???
and ... how close you want to stay with others as well!

bug house in north devon

Bea Sun 17-Nov-13 15:04:08

whoops! ahhh! I should preview!
BIG house in North Devon

mummymeister Sun 17-Nov-13 16:17:40

we stay Here they have 8 cottages sleeping about 40 ish and a big barn that they use for Parties. easy to get to, about an hours drive from Exeter on the lovely a38 avoiding the a30 car park.

PolkaDotParty Sun 17-Nov-13 17:00:36

Thank you! Bea it took me a mometn to notice what had been written! MM Wringworthy looks fab and good size - I wonder if they'd allow camping at all? That's def the kind of thing, a hamlet to ourselves!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now