Ladram Bay?

(9 Posts)
tobiasfunke Wed 13-Nov-13 13:31:12

We are wanting a holiday park type place this year as Ds (5) enjoyed his cheapy half term break at a Park Dean caravan way more than the expensive gite complex we went to in France last year. So after a multitude of research I have come across this place. It looks great and gets good reviews I am just wondering if anyone else has been there and what they thought.
We can get a cheaper deal through my husbands work booking through Hoseasons but I am tending towards a private caravan as I can actually see what I'm getting and where it is.
We are in Scotland so it's reasonable value for us the first 2 weeks of July.

tobiasfunke Thu 14-Nov-13 17:43:50

Ok I've booked it now so if anyone has anything horrible to say about it please don't or I will obsess for the next 8 months.

Audilover Thu 14-Nov-13 17:47:31

Is this the Ladram Bay that's in Devon which is completely the other end of the country to Scotland? smile

tobiasfunke Thu 14-Nov-13 19:25:08

Yeah. I meant we are in Scotland and the Scottish school holidays start at the end of June so we get two weeks where holiday prices aren't totally astronomical. My brain has been addled looking at hundreds of caravans

Audilover Fri 15-Nov-13 08:20:56

I only asked as I think you are very brave travelling all that way! smile

PolkaDotParty Sun 17-Nov-13 11:52:50

Ladram Bay is lovely, gorgeous beach you can walk down to, nice, good size warm pool, lovely local attractions. Good choice.

Audilover Sun 17-Nov-13 14:23:40

I spent 15 years of my life living within 10 miles of Ladram Bay yet I've never been there. A lot of my friends have and they all say it's very nice there.

lovetheweekends Sun 17-Nov-13 21:21:06

We liked it so much we went there 2 years running! DD was 5 & 6 the years we went there (2011 & 2012).
Lovely place - has small beach area (pebbly) where you can swim etc, hire a small boat and you can get a drink/ice cream/snack. Also has a lovely play area outside and also a small soft play area inside.
Lots of things to visit nearby by car if you want to go further afield too.
Would love go again sometime :-)

tobiasfunke Mon 18-Nov-13 09:53:30

Ooh thank you everyone. I am really looking forward to it. I have to say the pebbly beach is what really attracted me. DS and I love the beach but DH can't stand sand so it works all ways. Any ideas for days out would be appreciated because we like to do loads on holiday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now