East Neuk

(9 Posts)
Follyfoot Wed 06-Nov-13 21:47:16

Have posted in chat, but thought it might be better to put this here. We are off to the East Neuk for a break. DH has been to Anstruther before, so its Crail or Pittenweem. Anyone with local knowledge, your thoughts on which to choose would be really appreciated. Thanks smile

carlajean Thu 07-Nov-13 18:20:43

We holidayed there recently and liked it so much we almost bought a house there. One of the nice things is that it's such a small area you can cover it all. Fwiw we really like Lower Largo and Crail. Elie is beautiful but dead in the off-season, thanks to all the second homers.

RubyrooUK Thu 07-Nov-13 18:30:24

What you hoping to do while there? Will you have car or are you using public transport?

Follyfoot Thu 07-Nov-13 19:33:39

Will be taking the car Ruby. Thanks Carla, have a feeling we might be tempted too but wont be able to afford it

RubyrooUK Thu 07-Nov-13 21:24:28

Hm, well, I guess it depends where you are hoping to go. Crail is a bit nearer places like St Andrews, while Elie is a little bit more remote along the coast. But both are small, pretty villages without that much going on. I prefer Crail but all the little villages up there are lovely.

What are you hoping to see? Do you have DC?

Plumpcious Fri 08-Nov-13 23:12:24

I'd choose Pittenweem over Crail, as it's not as remote to the other villages, ie choice of Anstruther in one direction or St Monans and Elie in the other. Plus the coastal path is very nice along that stretch and it's not far to walk between villages.

What time of year are you going? Do you know the area already?

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Fri 08-Nov-13 23:14:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WipsGlitter Fri 08-Nov-13 23:17:25

We stated in St Minans in a fab house. It's all pretty much beside each other. We like Crail. But Pittenweem has the chocolate shop.

WipsGlitter Fri 08-Nov-13 23:18:55

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now