best places in norfolk to buy holiday home

(7 Posts)
krisskross Mon 28-Oct-13 13:21:33

DH and I have what is prob a bit of a pipe,dream about buying a holiday home. I'd always thought of Dorset but I think it's way out of our price range.

A friend suggested Norfolk. I don't know it really and wondered if anyone could suggest nice villages or areas. Wouldn't need to be on the coast but accessible to coast would be good.

We could possibly spend 100k and would be looking to cover this with rental.

Thanks for any advice.

krisskross Mon 28-Oct-13 18:38:41

Bumping for the evening crew....

krisskross Mon 28-Oct-13 20:23:58

One more bump....thanks

I don't know what prices are like but I've visited friends in Horning which is lovely. Quite a small village right on the broads and within easy driving distance of Wroxham which is a bit more touristy. About mid way between Norwich and Great Yarmouth too so ideal location for a rental.

Vajazzler Mon 28-Oct-13 20:42:34

My grandparents lived in Potter Heigham when I was younger and spent many summer holidays there. Not too far from the sea. Near the canal. Nice villagey feel.

boobyooby Mon 28-Oct-13 20:45:49

I would also suggest Wroxham ...... great little town, near enough to Norwich for the big shops and Great Yarmouth/Cromer for the seaside

krisskross Mon 28-Oct-13 21:50:55

Oooh Thsnks everyone, great to have done tips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now