South Wales - cheapest places to stay?

(5 Posts)
NoComet Sun 13-Oct-13 21:58:07

Cardiff has several premier Inns.
Price vary wildly depending on which night of the week and if there is a rugby match.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sun 13-Oct-13 21:47:30

we stayed in one of these cottages a while back. I think a week was about £300 for four - not sure if that's in budget. They do short breaks as well, so you do do 4-5 nights to save a bit?

JesusInTheCabbageVan Sun 13-Oct-13 21:40:28

Well, Ibis Budget is cheapest... it's extremely basic though. At any rate it was when we stayed there - this was back when it was Etap.

lookingforbaubles Sun 13-Oct-13 21:35:53

you could stay in the travel lodge in cardiff and use that as a base for visiting valleys/newport/barry island --look for a room deal maybe?

cardiff is nice to wander around and you can get the river boats down to cardiff bay which is lovely way to spend a day

or maybe stay in a caravan in trecco bay, porthcawl ?

ive heard good things about blue water park in west wales, as in really good prices if you wanted to travel further west maybe?

DD was born in Newport but we had to move away when she was 18 months. We haven't been able to go back since but would really like to, especially as she's very interested now (she's 4). Money's very tight for us but my mum's offered to lend us some to do this.

It would be me, DH, DD and DS (currently 21m). Unfortunately we're tied to school holidays but I guess February half-term would be cheapest? Camping isn't an option (because of health reasons, not the weather).

Can anyone suggest or recommend somewhere to stay in the Newport/Cardiff/valleys area for as little money as possible?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now