london ideas and advice

(5 Posts)
ellliebelle Sat 28-Sep-13 21:12:51

We are a family of 5 myself and dh, dd1 (6), dd2 (4) ds (9m).

Dd1 is 7 in january and we would love to take the family to london for the weekend as i know she would love this. We are thinking of driving so would love hotel recommendations with rooms big enough for us and free/cheap parking and close enough to a tube station so if its a bit rainy we dont get soaked.

We definately want to go to buckingham palace but would like other ideas of what to do whilst we are there. I would love to go to a show for children but not sure if there will be anything that we can take ds along to. Tia x

RandomMess Sat 28-Sep-13 21:15:06

Science museum is free and lots of hands on things that they can do.

Woking now has a cheap travelodge with parking over the road from the station so although you would have to get a fast train into Waterloo it may work out not so expensive IYSWIM. May depend where you are travelling from though of course!

ellliebelle Sat 28-Sep-13 21:46:56

Thank you will check it out smile

cestlavielife Tue 01-Oct-13 15:54:28

buck palace is not open in winter - check the website for dates.

depends where you coming from as to convenient hotel near a tube/train station. but look at premier inns around london - if baby is in travel cot you migiht get away witha family room but check hotels as few will do five - you looking at apartments for six.... or check apart hotels like www.so-quartier-london.co.uk/So_Quartier_Accommodation.html or www.aparthotel-london.co.uk/index.php?view=room-types

cestlavielife Tue 01-Oct-13 15:58:13

there are usually kids theatre shows like snowman at peacock theatre each year and others www.london-theatreland.co.uk/theatres/peacock-theatre/the-snowman.php
garrick theatre usually does kids show eg www.nimaxtheatres.com/lyric-theatre/the_gruffalo

www.timeout.com/london/kids/activities/childrens-theatre-in-london

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now