Need a mad tree-house or other wild & wacky place the stay this weekend in UK - money no object!

(9 Posts)
mulranno Wed 28-Aug-13 18:37:22

Help please -- holiday was cancelled so need to take my 7 year old away for 2-3 nights somewhere great in the UK -- quite fancy some sort of tree-house -- but Canopy and Stars all full - anywhere else? - feels like looking for a needle in a haystack -- another alternative is a really fab 5* hotel or folly type building - but need availability for this weekend...clock is ticking - help!

cq Wed 28-Aug-13 18:39:47

Chewton Glen in the New Forest has luxury treehouses - and a spa grin

LIZS Wed 28-Aug-13 19:06:41

oh dear I take it 15yo refused sad Forest holidays may have some vacancies although looks like treehouses are sold out , yha , http://www.westlexham.org/ ...

Charlie01234 Wed 28-Aug-13 19:09:06

Centre parcs have tree houses - vair vair expensive though.

Pachacuti Wed 28-Aug-13 19:12:14

Not a treehouse, but Landmark Trust properties still available for this weekend include a couple of mildly wacky options.

Bluestocking Wed 28-Aug-13 19:33:42

Have you had a look at www.uniquesleeps.com?

spamm Wed 28-Aug-13 19:36:46

How about a Yurt at the Priory Bay Hotel on the Isle of Wight. We loved it - were there a couple of weeks ago. The food was very disappointing - but plenty of local pubs nearby that are great. And breakfast was great. Also, it has its own beach, so you can escape the crowds.

There's a lighthouse in the south west of Scotland. Not sure if its too far for you...

mulranno Thu 29-Aug-13 12:32:00

Yes LIZS - 15yr old refused to go the France - but I have made him do 5hrs revision a day all week - so I won...!! will get ringing around then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now