Less obvious UK destinations?!

(28 Posts)
42notTrendy Tue 13-Aug-13 09:12:49

We are thinking of a uk break for Oct half term. We've done the well known uk holiday places: Devon, Cornwall, Norfolk, Suffolk, Lakes, Yorkshire, Northumberland and lots of places in Scotland.

What gems are still awaiting us?! What places in the UK warrant a few days exploring with a 7yr old ds?

Clary Tue 13-Aug-13 17:25:37

Pembrokeshire we love it. Beaches still good in October IMO. Also fabulous scenery. Or most of Wales actually.

Peak District if you like walking. Or better yet, North York Moors. Not so busy. Whitby has a super beach and the cliffs are spectacular too.

Phineyj Tue 13-Aug-13 17:31:58

What about the Kent coast? Broadstairs is lovely and very child friendly. We spent most of the week in the fantastic old-fashioned Italian coffee shop on the front!

42notTrendy Tue 13-Aug-13 17:44:47

I am being drawn to Kent/Sussex by your suggestions. I have never been (apart from driving to Chunnel once years ago). I've also heard that Wye Valley/Forest of Dean is lovely. And also I've never explored that part of the UK.
We don't want to fly as that's why we thought UK, I find flying quite stressful these days so like the idea of throwing everything in the car. Means sacrificing the sun though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now