HELP! Family friendly accomodation needed in north/mid Wales or Lake District!

(6 Posts)
theoriginalandbestrookie Fri 16-Aug-13 22:03:06

Oh thanks Mandy - we go to the lakes all the time, that place looks like a new experience.
There are loads of amazing cottages in the lakes, try some of the local websites, we rented most recently from Heart of the Lakes and they were great.
Alternatively check out south lakeland parks, fallbarrow is well situated just outside Bowness with nice caravans and lodges.

Mandy21 Wed 14-Aug-13 13:45:04

If you're looking for something in the Lakes, have a look at this site. I took the children for a few nights last year, they absolutely loved it. Very quiet (only about 5 lodges on the farm) but a little barn with table football and table tennis - all the children got to know one another. Absolutely tons in the area to do locally. The lodges are well equipped (microwave, fridge, TV on the wall) and very reasonable prices. The owners were lovely. The benefits of camping for the children, mod cons for the parents!

http://www.abbotsreadingfarm-octolodges.co.uk/gallery.php

DeeLighted Thu 08-Aug-13 22:00:15

Great, I'll have a look at those, thanks!

hamab Thu 08-Aug-13 21:35:42

We've stayed at Oakdene with Wheelwrights - probably a bit large if it's just the 4 of you but it was a lovely house with all mod cons. Chapel Stile is really pretty and there's a lovely walk a couple of miles to an amazing cakes cafe.

The cafe website shows pictures of the path - we managed to get a buggy along it fairly easily.

www.wheelwrights.com/docs/v1/index.html?p_content=cottage_index_advanced.php&p_cottage_location_ref=0&p_cottage_sleeps_min=4&p_cottage_sleeps_max=&p_cottage_pets=0&p_cottage_sort=1&p_date_ref=532&p_nights=3&p_cottage_changeover_day=any

www.chestersbytheriver.co.uk/location/

boysrock Thu 08-Aug-13 21:24:42

Try betws y coed. A few of the hotels there have family rooms and north wales is very family friendly, much more so than the lakes I think.

Think I went through the welsh tourist board when I booked ours a couple of years ago.

DeeLighted Thu 08-Aug-13 21:17:20

Aagh, am driving myself mad looking online for somewhere to stay.

We need a short break so looking for a hotel, glamping or holiday cottage for 3 nights at the end of August.

Must be good for kids (DC are 18m and 6y)

Don't mind spending a bit of ££ as DP has just had an unexpected work bonus!

Can you recommend anywhere? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now