Nice north Wales beach/town?

(13 Posts)
SilverSixpence Thu 01-Aug-13 07:42:42

We're in Manchester and the forecast is good so would like to take DC to the beach - any suggestions? We just want a clean beach and somewhere to wander round afterwards

Sirzy Thu 01-Aug-13 07:45:36

Not Wales but from Manchester have you considered formby? The beach at formby point in lovely and you have the squirrel reserve you can have a wander around to.

SilverSixpence Thu 01-Aug-13 08:27:34

Thanks Sirzy I like the look of Formby buthave good memories of north Wales as a child so want to go back there

flatmum Thu 01-Aug-13 08:28:44

whitesands is lovely up near St David's. also Newgale I think it is called.

mrsgiggle Thu 01-Aug-13 08:29:56

I think there is always loads to do at Llandudno, beach, pier, shops and the great orme

spottymoo Thu 01-Aug-13 08:31:00

Abersoch lovely little place great beach

I used to love Llandudno, we'd go every year when I was little. Took my mom and dad last year and still loved it but do wonder if I see it differently to other people as have seen some not good comments

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 01-Aug-13 08:40:53

Llandudno is lovely but also the beach in Colwyn Bay has been completely re-done. The sand is gorgeous, no shale or rocks, and it's huge!

Not much else there other than the beach as the rest is being finished over the winter, but if it's purely nice beach you want I'd highly recommend it.

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 01-Aug-13 08:42:08

Meant to add that it's also, not too far away if you're coming from Manchester.

SilverSixpence Thu 01-Aug-13 08:54:33

Thanks looks like we"ll head towards llandudno and see what we find. Our last beach holiday was in Southwold so wanted a similar town to wander round, failing that would it be too ambitious to also go to Cheshire Oaks??

mrsgiggle Thu 01-Aug-13 09:00:12

We went there yesterday, came away with a few bargains! It was very busy

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 01-Aug-13 09:00:38

Not at all, it's practically on your way if you're coming down the M56. Enjoy!

Llandudno has nice touristy shops and then a little shopping centre too, all on the high street. The pier has little shops on it too and some little arcades.
If you want somewhere to eat I would recommend The Greenery or the chip shop opposite it.
Makes me want to go back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now