North East of England - accommodation recommendations

(9 Posts)
Foogirl Sun 14-Jul-13 22:15:47

We're looking to book a holiday in the North east, staying for 5 or 6 days. Anywhere from Alnwick to York. We need 2 or 3 bedrooms. Preferably not a caravan. Does anyone have any recommendations

mousebacon Sat 10-Aug-13 20:48:39

Have a look at these

They're gorgeous!

Will see if I can think of any more...

I came on to recommend coastal retreats. Can't recommend them highly enough and can't wait to go back

GetStuffezd Sat 10-Aug-13 21:03:07

http://themanorhouseinn.com/
I adore here! It's on a main road so many places accessible from it. It's actually only 100 miles from Edinburgh so easily do-able in a day. It has the most amazing views of the deferent reservoir and the moors from the terrace. I know it's a pub, technically, but it's certainly not a boozy crap hole. It's really smart and the food is wonderful. I love it.

GetStuffezd Sat 10-Aug-13 21:03:27
GetStuffezd Sat 10-Aug-13 21:04:01

And obviously you'd just kind of use it as a base whilst you went to various places.

Bea Tue 20-Aug-13 01:20:13

sand and castle

Brilliant! I love these cottages! We've stayed at swallows End and coast cottage! Both absolutely fantastic! Highly recommended!
Hoping to stay in Craster next time! North East is wonderful!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 21-Aug-13 18:38:33

Some of the cottage are gorgeous. Does anyone have any links for cottages in a slightly lower price bracket <hopeful>

costumething Thu 22-Aug-13 21:05:06

We got 2 connecting rooms in a De Vere Village hotel in Newcastle with breakfast & evening meal & use of the gym & pool included for less than the price of any self catering accommodation last half term.
They often have offers on over bank holidays because their usual business users are not working.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now