Bluestone Wales - any issues with an Internet food shop delivery?

(10 Posts)
PicaK Sun 30-Jun-13 07:41:30

Are u arriving via Fishguard? There's a good Tesco Express as you exit the port - you could pick up stuff for the evening with only 40 mins left in the car. And the kids could go to the playground opposite.

Book your golf buggy in advance as sometimes they get sold out.

The Tesco Extra in Haverfordwest has a click and collect service - that's 20/25 mins from Bluestone.

JSIN Fri 28-Jun-13 20:43:08

Thks very much littlemefi I'll look into that!

littlemefi Fri 28-Jun-13 16:07:58

Could you check with the supermarket if they'll deliver to the visitors car park if that's easier? It's next to the blue Lagoon swimming bit which is before the check in gates.

<suitably reprimanded>

JSIN Thu 27-Jun-13 23:15:01

Many thanks to those who came back to me with information and advice rather than a pointless attempt at sarcasm, it’s much appreciated and good to know you enjoyed your stays.

We’ll be arriving at Bluestone at the end of a 9-hr car and ferry journey from Ireland as we are driving there to see my family beforehand, car will be packed to the gills with stuff so popping to shops not an option. While I am a bit of a default Internet-shop person (3 kids under 3 so find shopping hard work) that does not stretch to expecting a van to deliver to the door of a car-free site, just to the gate! Hopefully we can rent a buggy or something which should help. Thanks again &#61514;

maillotjaune Thu 27-Jun-13 22:39:40

We had an Internet shop delivered at home just before we left London and topped up with the shop there plus Sainsbury in Tenby. I'd be pissed off if Tesco vans were driving around a car free site, so I expect you'll be collecting from the Car Park and if you happen to be staying on the far side of the resort that won't be much fun.

We also took a couple of home cooked things (pasta sauce, a curry) that I'd frozen so we had quick food when we were in a rush.

So you are going to a car free site but want to get food delivered to your door? Good luck with that one.

littlemefi Thu 27-Jun-13 22:29:48

We stayed at Bluestone a few weeks ago, and like OP says, it's a car free site apart from on check-in and check-out days.
How are you planning on getting around the site? Are you aware it's pretty hilly and depending on where you're staying, you may have to lug all the shopping from the car park area at the top of the site?
I guess if you've arranged a specific time to have the shopping delivered you could meet before the check-in area?
We just did a big shop before we left and put frozen/ chilled stuff in cool boxes. There is a Morrisons not too far away in Haverfordwest that we called into after a day at the beach in Tenby too.

HRHwheezing Thu 27-Jun-13 22:20:06

I didn't think cars were allowed in, it's a car free place. The gates are opened at 4 to let you in but you have to take our car back.

Why don't you stop at the tesco off the roundabout in Carmarthen?

We never left the site. I found the village shop adequate. Very good choice of meat actually.

Again, there is the biggest farm shop in Wales I think off the a40, sorry I can't remember it's name.

We had the all inclusive package so ate in the yard most nights. Food was lovely.

I suppose it depends how long you are there for but we never wanted to leave.

We only went there in June but it was lovely.

JSIN Thu 27-Jun-13 22:12:15

Hi, I am looking for advice from those who have recently been to Bluestone in Wales please – has anyone experienced difficulties receiving a Tesco delivery at their cottage?
We are going there in a couple of weeks with a extended family group, and when I phoned up to check if there was anything specific we needed to do when receiving an Internet shop e.g. let the folk at the entrance gates know, I was told that they “don’t support it, although obviously they can’t stop vans from coming in”” as they now have their own (v. limited) food ordering facility. Am going to go ahead and order it anyway, but interested to know other’s experiences as I don’t really relish the idea of some kind of standoff at the gates so would like to be prepared!
Also, can anyone recommend a good butcher/farmshop/delis in the area, or a nice place for a dinner out – preferably the rustic pub kind - to take advantage of grandparent babysitting? Many thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now