Recommendations for a luxury UK hotel suitable for DH 40th and 9 month old baby

(9 Posts)

What about the hoste arms in burnham market

Artichook Thu 20-Jun-13 11:46:43

We love Cowley Manor. At the very expensive end we have also loved Babington House which has gorgeous family suites and amazing kids tea, local nannies babysit at night and the crèche is great. Neither are "family" hotels but both made our children so welcome.

FriskyHenderson Thu 20-Jun-13 11:43:15

I've also stayed at Holbrook and although it doesn't have the child facilities like at the Luxury Family Hotel branded ones, they were child friendly - fetching me a glass of water (without asking) as I was bfing.

IOW

Or Saunton Sands ?

Spockster Wed 19-Jun-13 23:00:36

WH = Woolley Grange. Bizarrelysmile

Spockster Wed 19-Jun-13 22:59:36

WH is designed for posh families; lots of kids' facilities, which you pay for in the overall price. If you don't need/want crèche etc there are better value, more luxurious places IMO. Luton Hoo?

lotsofthingstolearn Wed 19-Jun-13 21:39:48

Looks great......thanks. Were there lots of children around- suppose there won't be just with their being 25 rooms. That sounds really awful- not intentional- just don't want to be going somewhere where it's inundated with children as DS will only still be quite young and we can enjoy a relatively "adult" holiday still.

Still amazed about just how useful mumsnet is!!

Today looks like a hotel sorted and recommendations for tinted moisturiser- who knows what the next thing will be

FriskyHenderson Wed 19-Jun-13 21:19:56

Woolley Grange is lovely. Moonfleet Manor was not.

joanofarchitrave Wed 19-Jun-13 21:06:38

I don't know what 'luxury' means to you but by a series of extraordinary circumstances we were able to stay for one night at Woolley Grange - it's part of a small chain of avowedly family-friendly hotels. RECOMMENDED.

lotsofthingstolearn Wed 19-Jun-13 21:05:23

It's DH's 40th coming up and wanting to go somewhere special- money not too much of an issue as it's a special event (within reason)

Not bothered about being either in the sticks or in the city- just somewhere memorable to mark the occasion.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now